Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Ash10's Updater and Nüvi300 Reply with quote

Hi Ash10 (and others!)
Just thought you might like to know your lovely Updater programme works fine on the Nüvi 300.

For those wishing to try it this is the procedure I adopted:-
1. Connect Nüvi to Computer.
2. Dowload the POILOADER zipfile from PGPSW
3. Go to your "POI's for uploading" directory and delete any existing cameras. (Just to make sure the first installation will work!)
4. Run Ash's Updater programme and make your required settings, then finish off by dragging the dowloaded "pgpsw_speed_cams.zip" file into the box. (No need to unzip it first)
A message appears saying "Success- now use POI_Loader to update unit".
5. Run POI Loader (version 2.2.1)
6. Wait patiently - 4 minutes on my power system.
7. Exit POI Loader when it says finished.
8. All Done.

To check it's worked:-
On the Nüvi select "Where to?/My Locations/Custom POIs.
Scroll down to the cameras, select one, click on the "Map" button and you should see Ash's camera symbol on the map.

Note: You will have two entries for each camera. e.g. GATSO:52 and GATSO:52#40 and so on. It appears to me that the one without the # symbol is showing the settings that you have set and the one with the # symbol is showing the setting as in the dowloaded camera file. (Perhaps Ash10 will verify that?)

TIP:- Regarding step 6 above - the one thing POI Loader desperately lacks is a progress bar which leaves you sitting there thinking, "....is it working or not?" So - once you have started POI Loader do Control/Alt/Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager, click on "Processes" look for the file "POI Loader.exe" and highlight it. If you look at the CPU column you will see it hovering around 98/99% and also the MemoryUsage column will change periodically. This doesn't give you any idea of how long it will take but at least you can see it's working!!!

Hope this info is useful to some of you.
JT-Mech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash, just to let you know that your brill' app works just fine on the Nuvi 310D :D
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed Ash's programme on my C320. Works fine and the help instructions provided by pushandpull were just that - a great help. Thanks to you both. One question - I also have various other POI's that I want to keep on the C320 (McD's - for the kids, honest - Sainsbury's, Motorway Services et al). However, my guess is that I'll be binged and bonged as I approach all of these on every street corner. Is there a way of confining the binging and bonging to the speed cameras only?
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if the C320's the same but on the Nüvi300 you select
Settings/Proximity Points/alerts. then click on the change button, then untick Garmin Safety Cameras (as nobody's got 'em yet) then finally click on "audio" at the bottom of the screen. If you tick "Continuous-Speed Alerts" instead of "Continuous - All Alerts" that should do it.
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Cxxx series must be different. There doesn't seem to a Proximity Alarms sub-menu. The only thing selectable on alarms is 'on' or 'off'. Sad Much as I like Ash's enhancement I'm not sure I can cope with the binging and bonging everytime a McD's comes into view. It's bad enough smelling them! So that's it then - the McD et al come off, Ash's software and speed cameras remain. No contest. :P
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, my guess is that I'll be binged and bonged as I approach all of these on every street corner.

Have you actually TRIED it yet? I have an i3 and it only bings and bongs those POIs with Speed or Distance information in them i.e Speed Cameras. McDs, BP etc don't appear (unless you use the latest version of POILoader which has a bug but that's a different thread)
Ian47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got the C320 and have the speed camera database installed as well as some of the other POIs.

It only bongs for the speed cameras and nothing else. I have made no additional changes to the poi files and installed the cameras using Ash10's brill utility. (Thanks Ash10)

Hope that helps.

Incidently, to get the speed camera database to work using Ash10's utility with V8 Mapping, I had to uninstall some of the maps so that there was enough memory space (using std 128Mb SD Card). The map section that I unistalled was Dublin, Ireland. (No offence to the irish intended!)

This then created enough space for the Speed Camera Database and a few other POI files, but not much else. I guess buying a bigger card would prevent having to do this.

Ian47
Ian47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction to above:

using 256Mb card!
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian47 - I've got all the maps on the C320 that it came with (i.e including Ireland), together with the GPS camera database, Ash's programme and various other POI's such as Motorway Services, McD's, PizzaHut etc. I didn't have to offload anything. It took it all.

PaulB2005 - Yes, I've tried it and yes, it bings and bongs for POI's as well as Speed Cameras. Coming around the Coventry ring road this morning I got binged and bonged telling me PizzaHut was within range.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPL wrote:
PaulB2005 - Yes, I've tried it and yes, it bings and bongs for POI's as well as Speed Cameras. Coming around the Coventry ring road this morning I got binged and bonged telling me PizzaHut was within range.

What version of POIloader are you using?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Reload the POI with an older version of POILoader - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42816 as the latest version has a bug that means ALL POIs will be alerted and not just the Speed Cameras.
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester_Burnham wrote:

The latest off the Garmin website Sad I've now got the link for the older version...I'll try it tonight.

Thanks guys... Smile
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there's a new kid (well, beta software application) on the block:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43111
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPL wrote:
Lester_Burnham wrote:

The latest off the Garmin website Sad I've now got the link for the older version...I'll try it tonight.

Thanks guys... Smile

OK. So I loaded the earlier version of POI Loader as per the link. Net result - no change. Just been on a quick trip through the local town - got binged and bonged at McD's, PizzaHut, Premier Travel Inn as well as the cameras.

Any other ideas anyone? Sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you reload the POIs using the old version of POILoader?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: