Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - QUEST 2, LOADING ROUTES---HELP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

QUEST 2, LOADING ROUTES---HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamkwak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: QUEST 2, LOADING ROUTES---HELP!!! Reply with quote

Hi, got a Quest 2 , running Cn8, but whilst loading routes for my forthcoming bike trip around europe it will only allow me load about 8 routes ( these routes cover travelling from calais around the alps and up to Prague). If I then try to load any further routes it 'truncates' them and wont load the whole route in. Have I filled the memory with my 8 routes or am I loading them in wrong??? Confused Confused
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Quest can hold more simple routes or less complicated routes. My guess is your routes are quite complicated (less highway, more countryside roads).

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
yamkwak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep spot on!!! I did the routes to avoid main roads/motorways and concentrate on the 'twisty' routes over the alpine passes. Ah well will just have to live with it and manual load the route home from Prague, thanks for reply. :D :D
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I am having the same problem as you with loading routes. I phoned Garmin today and was asked by them to send in my routes by email so at the moment they are having a look to see whats happening. The unit like yours tells me that the waypoint Mem is full and therefore trunicates the last route, now if you load in all your routes and data from the unit and count all the waypoints used in each route and whatever waypoints that are stored it comes to 103 in my case which is a bit perplexing as I thought that the unit was able to hold 500. I can only assume that by using mapsource that there is unseen data that effects the waypoint memory. With a bit of lateral thinking I am going to try to download waypoints only to the Q2 and let it calculate the route from the waypoints given as this might be a solution even if it means doing one route at a time at least I will have the basic building blocks to do the job (if it lets me). Will keep you informed of any responce from Garmin or if the waypoint experiment works.

cheers Bob
yamkwak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one bob, basically I think the problem is too many points when constructing the route, as when I went over the routes I had done using less points I was able to 'squeeze' the routes all the way to Prague. I would not let the unit just 'construct' the routes for me as it seems to want to stay to main roads and not the mountain passes we want. By the way if you know any one that is up for a euro trip 22 june to 05 Jul let me know, one of the lads has dropped out so only 2 of us going, so there is a free ferry space. Must be able to suffer 2 fast ( zx12r's ) blokes who like a drink and smorke taabs!! :P :P
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yamkwak
Fine on fitting routes onto Q2 my waypoint experiment worked fine and managed to get 20 routes on although it seems to make the unit a bit slow and quirky with all routes on so I have deleted half of the routes and this has improved things the waypoints are all in the unit so I can make the routes from them the evening before (if the bar does'nt intervene first) you can get the unit to go on small roads but its a bit of a lottery however once it does you can save the route and it remembers your preferance. I have all the Passes as waypoints and all the high points we are doing are in the Maritime Alps sometimes the unit puts you the long way round to do a pass but I can make it behave by putting a waypoint just past the pass. Garmin did write back and they managed to get more routes on by doing a hard reset and putting the latest upgrades on, but this did not work for me and as I will not have time to return my unit in time for holliday I'll stick with my waypoint options.
If I hear anyone looking for a Eurotrip I send them your way sounds like you have a good trip planned and I don't think I would be able to keep up with you guys on a TDM900 on the piage and autobahns although its a bit of a pass slayer in the alps. Will write back to Garmin with my results they might take out a patch to sort this problem out.

Have a good holiday

cheers Bob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: