Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera warning regardless of speed!?!?!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera warning regardless of speed!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all.
I am running the nuvi 360 and confirm the following when tested on a 30mph gatso.
If I approach camera below 25mph I get nothing. Zilch. No icons, no warning.
If I approach between 25 & 30mph I get the initial warning bong and icons.
If I approach at 32mph I get the initial warning and the 'overspeed' bings and icons.
All I want is three things.
1. The initial bing no matter what speed I'm doing
2. The overspeed bongs if I'm going to fast
3. The icons on all the time.

If I approach a redlight camera and it's red, I stop (obviously), then my redlight icon goes out. As soon as I start moving again I get the initial warning bing (or is it bong) for the redlight again.

Can't get the 'always on' facility working with cbrom's software no matter how I try.
Anyone's help would be appreciated.

CeeJay
HughGW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POI Loader latest version offered me a manual install of the POIs and I could select either the Overspeed warning or a distance warning.

I chose overspeed and will let you know tomorrow what I get.

Hugh

Garmin C510D
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HughGW.
I chose the overspeed option too, as well as ticking the 'always on' box in the dropdown menu.

CeeJay
HughGW
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - a very long tomorrow. Tried it this am and got no warning at all on the setting above (overspeed) when down at 35 mph approaching a 50 mph camera. But then as you say double-bong and succession of bongs if over the limit.

Maybe therefore try the distance warning??

Hugh
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HughGW.

Try the distance warning and you won't get the overspeed bong.
Trust me I've tried it.

CeeJay.
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying as the bonging warnings may be at times they can also be useful.
Driving around the speed camera mad south east we've found a couple of instances where mobile camera operators must have twigged that regular positions have become known and they move to a nearby position closer to the direction you are coming from. The annoying warning has been "useful" for a few of us that I know as it comes a good distance before the spot.
This is on BT Yahoo headlines today :x Compliments of the very fine jounal AUTO EXPRESS -
' The "daddy" of all speed cameras could be on its way to the UK.

The "see all" camera is fitted with three digital stills cameras plus a video capture system, according to Auto Express magazine.

This enables the camera to patrol up to four separate lanes of traffic at a time and have moving film as back-up evidence.

Current fixed speed camera systems are only able to monitor part of a wide carriageway. This means speeders in certain lanes can go unnoticed.

But this will not be the case with the new Multi-Camera System (MCS), which can also be used to police traffic lights and box junctions.

And there will be no dispute as to who was behind the wheel either, as the device has an infrared as well as normal flash and can be mounted forward-facing to take pictures of drivers' faces.

The MCS is made by Dutch firm Gatsometer, producer of the Gatso - the most common type of speed camera in the UK.

The new machine can hold up to 60,000 images of speeders on its encrypted hard-drive while the photos can be downloaded at any time via a telecommunication link. This, plus the fact that it comes with defence spikes to deter vandals, means the MCS is almost maintenance-free - something which will appeal to UK safety camera partnerships.

Auto Express said it had spoken to the Serco company, Gatsometer's UK distributor, and a spokesman had agreed the MCS was "the daddy of speed cameras".

The Serco spokesman went on: "It's not available in the UK at the moment but it may well be something we will bring in the future. It's up to the local camera partnerships to decide if they want them. If they do it could be here within 12 to 18 months." '
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a law abiding citizen, your concerns are Question
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a law abiding citizen I note one rule for the boys in Blue and others for regular citizens.
Also inconistency in applying numerous laws be they road related or others.
And the law to often takes the easy money making route rather than assess a variety of illegal acts and then apply the law.
The police want respect and respect for the law, with the way they treat motorists quite often they deserve little help or respect.
So! Whats your problem Question Laughing
roadrash-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the voice instructions installed on my garmin but I have noticed it does miss some cameras and doesn't warn me. Then another day it will warn me of that same camera. I use my garmin on a motorcycle and as the garmin is in my pocket I cant see the screen. I have to rely on the voice directions I hear in my helmet. The trouble is my speed on the bike can vary sometimes almost instantly by up to 10mph its too easily done. Even catching a pothole, etc can can make the throttle jerk a tiny bit So even if I am below the speed limit I can still get caught out to easily and need the garmin to warn me irrespective of whether I am keeping the speed limmit or not. I normally hear it shout "Warning gatso ahead, speed limmit xx mph". Can someone explain exactly what i have to do to have it warn me of any camera ahead whether I am below the speed limit or not.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 Camera Manager was mentioned several times on page 1 of this thread Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: