Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Version 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Version 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Version 3 Reply with quote

I am running tomtom ver 3; I have downloaded new speed camera database OV format files; but everyone is talking about TomTom ver 5.

Does this mean I will have to buy new version 5 ?

I used to update the database from POI auto up date manager but this is not working, I keep getting error message.

Any advice would be gratefull.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Version 3 Reply with quote

Hi finder,

finder wrote:
Does this mean I will have to buy new version 5 ?

No, I used the PocketGPSWorld camera database with TomTom Navigator versions 2 and 3. In fact it will work with even earlier versions! Thumbs Up

TTNav3 doesn't have Proximity Alerts, so you'll need a third party POI Detector such as CheckPOInt, etc.

However, the maps for TTNav 3 will be quite old now, you should look at getting an update which will be either TTNav 5 or TTNav 6 when it's released.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Version 3 Reply with quote

finder wrote:
I am running tomtom ver 3; I have downloaded new speed camera database OV format files; but everyone is talking about TomTom ver 5.

Any advice would be gratefull.

If you want to get the Speed camera database working the is a INSTALATION.DOC file on here. Also all the other bits an pieces like wav files and BMP, all you will need is the database from this site.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Auto Up Date Manager Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice lads, XDA I tried your link but it does'nt go any where !

Also when I use POI Auto Up Date Manager it starts up dating but the numbers do not go up as before it stays on 2 of 21 files ?
Is this correct ??

I have recently subscribed for a year,
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Up Date Manager Reply with quote

finder wrote:
Thanks for the advice lads, XDA I tried your link but it does'nt go any where !

Also when I use POI Auto Up Date Manager it starts up dating but the numbers do not go up as before it stays on 2 of 21 files ?
Is this correct ??

I have recently subscribed for a year,

Sorry about that the link was down from 8pm according to BT but is back up now, just checked from the link i gave you.

The autoupdate feature won't work now that the site has changed to subscription downloads for the database.
Nokia 925 Windows 8
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: How to Up Date Database Reply with quote

XDA

Thanks for your LINK I have followed your installation; however I am having dificuility as below!

As well as TTN 3 I use GPS Assist which worked fine with the old database.

I have copied the new downloaded database single fileas (ov) files to the storage card greatbritain/maps.

How do you activate the new database ??

Sorry to keep pestering you
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Up Date Database Reply with quote

finder wrote:
XDA

Thanks for your LINK I have followed your installation; however I am having difficulty as below!

As well as TTN 3 I use GPS Assist which worked fine with the old database.

I have copied the new downloaded database single fileas (ov) files to the storage card greatbritain/maps.

How do you activate the new database ??

Sorry to keep pestering you

By single files, do you mean the Speed related .ov2 files which there should be 23 of them with their .bmp files, or the single file with everything in one .ov2 file.

To enable the POI files in TT go to the properties, POI tick the top box "Show points of interest"
then scroll down and tick the boxes for the POI's you to show.

As you are using GPSAssist you will need to create a folder on the SD card, I named mine Sound, that's where all the .wav files go for the announcements.
Then follow this.

Start GPSAssist
Tap POI-MANAGERS

Select POCKET_GPS_UK_SC

If you have had a previous database installed select DELETE and then OK. If this is the first database you've installed goto step

Select --OV2-- POCKETGPS_UK_SC or the individual files if using the speed related.

Tap ACTIVATE to start importing the Pocket GPS Camera Database into GPSAssist

When egg time has disappeared, tick SYNCHRONIZE WITH TTN

Tap MENU

Tap POI DETECTOR

You should see a list of POI files, tick the ones you want, to activate the warnings for each just highlight the POI, tap warnings at the bottom,
then fill in the boxes etc. on the next screen for each POI.
First and second warning can be in metres, feet, seconds.
The next box down tap on the box with the 3 dots this will bring up another screen, set that to point to the sound file folder on the SD card and select the warning .wav file you want to use.
The top 2 boxes marked Left and Right control the detection angle, I use 15 for left and 0 for right, this stops it picking up cameras on the other side of duel carriage ways.
Then just repeat the above for each POI.
Nokia 925 Windows 8
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: GPS ASSIST Reply with quote

XDA I will try your instructions thanks.
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: GPS ASSIST Reply with quote

Dear XDA,

I have followed your instructions the speed camera database is installed.
All speed cameras as one file downloaded from this site.

So how do you update the database? do you have to go through the same rig ma role !!

It was easier before you just started POI Edit clicked on update and hey presto it's done!

Any ideas??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to do is download the latest Speed Camera database (it was released last night) in the same format you had previously and copy the .ov2 file across to the map folder on the memory card of your device, thats it - nothing more, the settings and selections you made last time will simply feed off the new revised data - Mike
finder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: GPS ASSIST Reply with quote

Dear Mike Alder,

I have already done that; so does that mean the old method of updating via POI Edit is longer valid??

When I extracted the files and copied them across to
storage card/great_britain_maps it asked me if I wanted to update all existing speed camera files I said yes and I presume that's it.

Thanks so much for your advice Mike. :D :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POIEdit is not compatable with the database any longer, however, as you have found it doesn't take long to download the database and copy the revised files across to the navigation device, it is an easy step once you understand how its done, you need do nothing more as the device is set-up with the revised data - Mike
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: GPS ASSIST Reply with quote

finder wrote:
Dear XDA,

I have followed your instructions the speed camera database is installed.
All speed cameras as one file downloaded from this site.

So how do you update the database? do you have to go through the same rig ma role !!

It was easier before you just started POI Edit clicked on update and hey presto it's done!

Any ideas??

As Mike has stated, POIEdit won't work with the subscription Database, Both TomTom and GPSAssist will automatically pick up on the new .ov2 files.
When I do mine I only copy over the .ov2 files and not the .bmp files so as to not overwrite my existing .bmp files because I use different ones to the ones that Pocketgpsworld include in the .zip archive
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: