Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Customised POI warning sounds for TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Customised POI warning sounds for TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAZA19741
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Customised POI warning sounds for TomTom Reply with quote

Customised POI warning sounds for TomTom any body know how to install them on my navman icn520. which runs tomtom on at the moment. I cant seem to get the jist of the way its done.Anybody done this before.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through the instructions located here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php and also take a read through what is on www.tomtomsatnav.info - it might appear daunting at first but its quite easy once you get into the idea. If you get stuck please come back with a specific question and I am sure we can get this working, pay particular attention to the version of TomTom you are using and the Build number, make sure you download the correct file for your version - Mike
DAZA19741
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil NOPE STILL CANT DO IT HAVE YOU ANYMORE EASY INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW. IVE TRIED TO FOLLOW THE THREADS THAT YOU GAVE ME BUT TO NO AVAIL. HELP I MIGHT JUST GIVE UP. AND STICK TO THE STANDARD SOUND FOR SPEED CAMERA WARNINGS
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to borrow my mates ICN-510 to examine the file structure, as I can't remember what was done to get this working (my ICN-510 is running the normal software it was supplied with), it will probably be Sunday before I can try it then I will send some instructions, from what I remember all you need to do is locate the data.chk file and replace it with the one containing the revised instruction set, on a PDA this file lives in programs/ navigator folder, but I cannot remember where it is specifically located on this type of modified unit, also on the PDA devices you need to perform a soft reset before the new file becomes the active data the program will work with, if the above clues help fine, if not then please wait till I get the other unit to work out what we did a good six months ago - Mike
PS Knock the CAPS LOCK OFF - I don't need shouting at, and neither do others Wink
DAZA19741
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks for the reply. ive been trying for a while now but to no avail. i look forward to your reply on sunday with anticipation. by the way sorry for the CAPS ON. may thanks.
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that this does not work on the ICN520 only on the 510. I say this because of my own experience and other posters in earlier threads on the subject

Terry Walsh
DAZA19741
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why it dont work on the 520. Imean if you can install tomtom on it then there must be a way for it to work on the 520. They are pretty much the same unit i thought. Question If there is alot of difference what are they. i would like to know Exclamation
dazuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does work on the 520 as i have it installed on mine email me and i will send you instructions on how to do it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: