Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - just bought a nuvi 310 got some Questions??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

just bought a nuvi 310 got some Questions??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: just bought a nuvi 310 got some Questions?? Reply with quote

hi,

just bought a Garmin Nuvi 310 came with traffic GTM 12. for some reason i got the travel guide on it as well as the langauge pack which are great, dont know if they come with it or not. on the website it says there optional extras.

questions when i first insterted the traffic gtm 12 to test it, it picked up Rac live for traffic, i basically plugged the nuvio to the Pc and went on the garmin website found there is a update from the version i had 2.20 to 2.30 ive updated it and tried the traffic again but this time didnt pick up nothing at all. i know on the website it said you haver to subscribe to it. but when i did pick it up it said rac live (lifetime subscription)????? what that all about any idea????

also

can you adjust the POI on it? i.e. i downloaded the latest speed camera database but it give s me warnings too early and camera from the other side.

Thanks

-T-

PS: any one gt any Question i will be happy to answer.

The only difference im aware of between the 360 and 310 are as follows:

310 has map of uk only loaded (rest on CD)
360 has all of europe.

360 - says the street names i.e. turn left on victoria road and the 310 doesnt.

anyone know of anymore please add. (the prices difference is huge between 310 and 360)
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , I did exactly the same as you but my RAC Live is still working! Try unplugging and re-plugging the GTM12 in, it sometimes take a minute to get a signal. It may also depend on the position of the antenna. It states on the leaflet that it works best if vertical.
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi a5ian300zx...

I also had a similar problem it took ages last night to reconnect to RAC Live after the update. But it was really bad weather.....

eventually I got a signal.......

Also when we plug in the TMC 12 it seems like you need to go to traffic and explictly tell it to search.....

Should this not be automatic ..
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, thanks for the reply.

first i got my RAC live traffic thing to work (thanks, just moved away from the pillar), but have not used it proplery as of yet. so i will comment on that once i have tested it.

also the poi speed camera database is uploaded to me nuvi, but keeps warning me of road speeds all the time even if there is no camera in sight as soon as i go over beep you over the 30mph speed limit its getting annoying, as just want something that will warn me of the cameras on route and maybe type (like the tomtom) ive got the speed zone database. (23 files)????? which one do i need for this????

another thing i notice was that i tried also adding the congestion zone POI but it deleted my speed camera database.

Can nuvi only have ONE custom POI???????

negative: (i drive a golf, with 18inc alloys suspention is standard and nuvi is on the windscreen on drivers side next to the driver window)

I find the dashboard mount totally useless as soon as i put the nuvi of it kept on falling of the dash. (i followed instruction and cleaned the area too)

The windows bracket is very strong and movable but over pot holes and slighty bumpy road surface the nuvi keeps on falling off, it fell off like 5 times in about 10 min, (i stopped and made sure i had it on properly few times but still the same thing). is there any other bracket i can get that will hold it secure????? does it happen to others???

Thank You.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: POI's and the 310 Reply with quote

Hi

Whenever you load a new POI it overwrites what is in the Nuvi's memory. So what you have to do is have all the POIs in the same Folder or Directory on your PC. Then POI Loader sends down the lot to your Nuvi.

David

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate,

more on my opinons and just used it to get back home.

1st: traffic thing is abit messed up as you need to click on traffic to tell you about the traffic then when you clikc on map with traffic menu it plots traffic on the 2D only map (north up). it did not warn me of any traffic on the route even though they was some on the main A1. (shouldnt it have auto traffic reroute or an option with the main navigation route showing traffic in real time??????

2nd it told me to take a left while on the screen ut was pointing to the right???? as well as this my road is off a main North circular road but instead it told me to go past my road and go all the way around???? whats that about. (by the way route is set on shortest.??????

-T-

does anyone elses have these problems????
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough couldn't get a RDS signal lastnight

was in the house but stub was on the window it was searching for ages but nothing.......

Also don't like the fact that the MP3 pauses when it gives directions (tomtom had this as an option setting)
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i written to Garmin with the issue mentioned above let see what they reply and hopefully improve in the next firmware.

Q. is anyone using the traffic master if so do yo get the problems mentioned above and also with which GTM 10, 11, 12 ?????

cant seem to find that much info on the GTM 12 only brief info. plus i does not mention that it supports traffic master??

I really need for this traffic system with reroute to work properly on the map.

do you guys thing its the GTM 12 thats the problem????

-T-
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a proper look at the garmin website and realised that the travel and langauge packs are all basic one that are included with the garmin.

Does anyone have the full versions???? Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: