Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 300 and the GTM11 traffic receiver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 300 and the GTM11 traffic receiver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy2605
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 300 and the GTM11 traffic receiver Reply with quote

Does anybody know if these 2 are compatable?

I have seen the GTM11 advertised as compatable, but its not listed as such on the Garmin website.
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah

all the tmc units work in the same way ?

they just vary in the way they connect

TMC 10- Hard wireing to car aerial
TMC 11- Comes with wire and stub
TMC 12- very small and portable with wire
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As depsi says, most of the Garmin units will accept the GTM10, 11 or 12, whereas the Streepilot C5xx series onlysupport the GTM20 or 21
pach
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been able to find much infomation on the GTM 12 - can anyone point me to any info or suppliers in the UK. cheers!
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a Nuvi 310 Deluxe on ebay for £275 and it includes a GTM12! Not a bad price eh, considering that the same package in Halfords is £499! I don't think its available separately yet, but it works well indoors and in the car. The only downside is that you need external power connecting for it to work.
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi traffic Man

I brought one of those too, do you know if it includes the UK subscription
and how it gets activated.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
I've just bought a Nuvi 310 Deluxe on ebay for £275 and it includes a GTM12!
Who from / example numbers please - that's sounds too cheap to me for the UK version...
Quote:
The only downside is that you need external power connecting for it to work.
That's true of having the GTM10, 11 or 12 connected though - I don't think the battery in the unit can provide enough power for the receiver...
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
that's sounds too cheap to me for the UK version...
Apologies for the wording - I'm certainly not trying to imply it's not legit - it's simply a very very good price, and if it is really available at that price then it's more the fact that I want one too!
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I've now found the 2 auctions that were offering the 310 with a "Free GTM12" - I note the 2nd one explicitly said "subscription not included, you will have to organise this yourself" - which may well be the point - although the Nuvi is the UK model with UK maps, it's possible the GTM12 is the cheaper European version (which needs no subscription for mainland Europe services) - so I guess the unit might need a $60 lifetime service enabling on it...
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny enough I get some traffic info on the sat nav.

but there doesn't seem to be that much of a list (about 15 incidents)

however when I click on subscriptions it does say "A subscription has not been activated. Activation will occur automatically after your unit acquires GPS satellites while receiving a signal from the traffic provider "
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more than happy with the Nuvi 310 and GTM12 that I purchased from ebay. It is in fact the 310 deluxe as it also came with City Navigator Europe NT+ V8 unlocked! The Nuvi & GTM12 are UK spec, as it automatically came with a free lifetime subscription activated for RAC live, and it's getting all the data nationally. Viewing at peak time is very interesting, and accurate as I've confirmed locally! The bit about subscriptions not activated must be for additional subscriptions, because once you press OK to acknowledge the message 'Subscription not activated...' it gives a list of subscriptions that are on the unit. Mine says RAC Live: Lifetime Subscription & New Subscription. The only thing that puzzles me is that the unit came in a plain white box, but all the original parts and leaflets/manuals are complete. But hey, I'm not arguing as I've saved over £200. Bargain!
depsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
I am more than happy with the Nuvi 310 and GTM12 that I purchased from ebay. It is in fact the 310 deluxe as it also came with City Navigator Europe NT+ V8 unlocked! The Nuvi & GTM12 are UK spec, as it automatically came with a free lifetime subscription activated for RAC live, and it's getting all the data nationally. Viewing at peak time is very interesting, and accurate as I've confirmed locally! The bit about subscriptions not activated must be for additional subscriptions, because once you press OK to acknowledge the message 'Subscription not activated...' it gives a list of subscriptions that are on the unit. Mine says RAC Live: Lifetime Subscription & New Subscription. The only thing that puzzles me is that the unit came in a plain white box, but all the original parts and leaflets/manuals are complete. But hey, I'm not arguing as I've saved over £200. Bargain!

Excellent will get a chance to use mine over the week-end with the traffic then.

Traffic do you know if there's any way to tell the signal strength for RDS.
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find a way to see the signal strength other than from the main menu page where the blue coloured ! is situated, this turns grey when the signal goes.
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:
I've just bought a Nuvi 310 Deluxe on ebay for £275 and it includes a GTM12! Not a bad price eh, considering that the same package in Halfords is £499! I don't think its available separately yet, but it works well indoors and in the car. The only downside is that you need external power connecting for it to work.

i bought mine from the same guy but i went down to his shop he gave me a demo a gave a a further discount £265, not sure but some of the extras he didnt mention are things like the travel guide and langauge pack which seem to be included.
a5ian300zx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficman wrote:

i bought mine from the same guy but i went down to his shop he gave me a demo a gave a a further discount £265, not sure but some of the extras he didnt mention are things like the travel guide and langauge pack which seem to be included.

there were selling fast.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: