Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map page
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: map page Reply with quote

one function i would love for my i3 to have is to go straight to the 'map page' on start up....is there anyone one out there that has the ability to re-write the firmware for this to be an option...
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: map page Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
one function i would love for my i3 to have is to go straight to the 'map page' on start up....is there anyone one out there that has the ability to re-write the firmware for this to be an option...

i will second that zoggie.

come on wizz kids, if that shell suit wearing old man with jewellery and cigars can fix it Wink
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have searched all 26 pages of this forum for the original splash screen topic, twice now.
I FAILED Crying or Very sad

was hopeing to find the names of those who made it possible, with a view to making this wish come true.

hope we dont have to use this method for much longer Crying or Very sad

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34085
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like theres a few peeps that want this option mat.....lets hope garmin or someone on this forum helps out....
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
looks like theres a few peeps that want this option mat.....lets hope garmin or someone on this forum helps out....

no takers yet though to make the change. Crying or Very sad

zoggster, who were the persons that sorted out the splash screen changes. as this was a software change contacting them should do the trick.
were they from this forum? will pm them with request if known in case they have not seen this topic.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:

Do you really think that Garmin (an American company) would bypass that legal disclaimer? Rolling Eyes

I've done a bit of poking around in the firmware, but haven't come up with anything along these lines.

The minute that my i3 goes out of warranty, it's going to get a few hardware tweaks - the first is to add battery charging, and the second is to automatically press the wheel and then the back button a couple of seconds after powering up.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the legal bit isn't the problem as i believe the sat lock starts from this point.

what we, if i understand zogman, is that we would prefer the map view after the legal screen instead of the menu screen.
is this possible Question
Spaceliner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The minute that my i3 goes out of warranty, it's going to get a few hardware tweaks - the first is to add battery charging

This is something I would like to do, but not being electronically adept I wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Has anyone thought of a way of doing this? It would be nice to hide any electronic components inside the case and still leave space to mount a headphone jack.

I am contemplating connecting the i3 to one of the auxiliary connections of my car stereo. Alternatively, it would be great for the i3 to activate the "telephone mute" function of the stereo when a voice instruction is made, any ideas how this would be done? Question
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceliner wrote:
Quote:
The minute that my i3 goes out of warranty, it's going to get a few hardware tweaks - the first is to add battery charging

This is something I would like to do, but not being electronically adept I wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Has anyone thought of a way of doing this? It would be nice to hide any electronic components inside the case and still leave space to mount a headphone jack.

I am contemplating connecting the i3 to one of the auxiliary connections of my car stereo. Alternatively, it would be great for the i3 to activate the "telephone mute" function of the stereo when a voice instruction is made, any ideas how this would be done? Question

yes all your would likes have been spoken about before.
to help you, as what you are after are to do with a different topic, click on the link below for the head phone jack.
the rest, the charging circuit etc, have a look for yourself through the 26+ pages on this forum it really will be of benefit, there is no sarcasm in my typing just the need to keep the topic on track. Wink

feel free to ask about the phone etc on the below link, they are the experts in that field.
happy drilling and soldering :D

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34805
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one dont read the legal screen...dont know if anyone does mat....what i would like is the map screen from switch on..... no legal or menu screens just straight to the map..
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, if we were in a perfect world.
unfortunately i think to remove/ omit the legal page may be impossible. i suppose it would be like removing the welcome page from windows on the pc.

having it on for the time that it is, is only the same as getting yourself settled into the car besides if the sat loc is going on at the same time as it is showing, then by the time it goes, then the map may not be showing acquiring sats aswell. even better.

if the splash screen can be changed then surely the menu page timing can be altered.
make it sound easy dont we Wink
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right my head hurts now. Stop it!

having looked through the forum i, and zoggie, throw open this challenge to the three most active "hackers."

ASH10, NITELIFE and GCB.

between the three of you this must be simple compared with the work you all did on the voice files. Wink
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
i, and zoggie, throw open this challenge to the three most active "hackers."

ASH10, NITELIFE and GCB.

between the three of you this must be simple compared with the work you all did on the voice files. Wink

i will now add POOTLE to that list after reading the latest list to the voice topic Not Worthy a pm has been sent to you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: