Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 software version 3.00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My unit came with 2.7, i installed 2.90 and then 3.0. I do have problems with it. I would also suggest you look at the distance to turns, with 3.0 i also have a miss read of approx 50 - 100 feet. IN Nav mode (other than distances) it is fine, but pants in map mode.
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Ive found this on another forum, its a method some guy used to update his audio version.

I havent tried this, but am posting here for the brave amongst you:

Quote:
Hey - I too had the same problem. I ended up with three voice language I have never heard of... After several hours off frustration and tempted to return my unit to the store (it's three days old). I decided to try to hack my way thru! It worked !!! Here's what I did.

1. Went to Garmin Website and downloaded the following File:
http://www.garmin.com/software/StreetPilotc3xxAudio_240.exe
Yeap! This file is for the StreetPilotC3xx - But it worked.

2. After the download, I extrated the file content to My Desktop/Garmin directory.

3. I went into the directory and rename the file 050501000_audio.rgn to 050501000291.rgn (one number higher than the actual version available).

4. Executed the Updater.exe file. It went ahead and updated my unit as follow. In the about screen my info reads:
Software Version 2.90
Audio Version 2.40

Lesson learned: Don't use the WebUpdater
C3xx GPS use the exact same audio version than the I5.

Good Luck!!!

I'm happy with my i5!!!!!

Im also assuming the i5 is similar to the i3!
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh well, sounded promising! Confused

Thanks for trying.
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, here's what I did. Reverted to 2.7. Went to 2.82 then to v3.0.

Drove into Nottingham and the screen froze completely at the first major junction.

Switched of and on again and it froze at the next major junction.

Drove to Bingham noticing on the way that the speed cameras on the A52 still haven't been entered. No more problems until I got back into town.

Am now going back to 2.7.
prasadm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this strange problem while coming back from my office today. I was to go to City center in Nottingham and my i3 was in navigating mode. I took a detour but instead of navigating by recalculating as it usually does, it went into map mode . The voice prompts all stopped, until I got back onto the original route at a different point..

Funny behaviour with this Version 3. I will also go back to 2.7 ..

Sad Sad
steveapp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Just a question re the V3 lockups Reply with quote

I had V3 running perfectly, a couple of long trips to scotland were flawless. I was wondering what all the fuss was about, and then yesterday it locked the map, frozen on my short commute to work... I pondered why this happened, nothing new etc, same route, no weird weather etc...

The only difference, and its a biggie, is that the map was in the 3d mode that I had never used before. Back to track up 2d and all is fine. That said i had become quite attached to the 3d mode so ive gone back to V2.7 and all is well.

So, the question - is everyone experienceing the problems using the 3d maps ?

Stephen
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I'll switch to 2D as I've never used it before.
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switched to 2D. Very strange, the map showed me to be in the middle of Horse Guards Parade. I am actually in Nottingham.

It then took 45 minutes to locate the satalites.
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well got impatient so I installed version 3. I can confirm that audio hack doesnt work just as stellamaris mentioned earlier, got exactly the same symptons / effects.

I thought I would test it out using the simulation first. Well, with gps turned off it put me bang in london. Perfect, I got it to route me to work (aldermaston in berkshire). What it did was take me up to junction 12 on the M4, into newbury, then did a recalculating! and then take me back down the motorway to Junction 11!!!

ha ha ha.. thats crazy. Its running now, and its actually taken me round again to junction 12. It says M4 to Exit 12: A4, thats the second time its done that.

Just waiting to see what happens at junction 12 (again)...

(10 minutes later)

Its taken me off, and routing me to the A4, which is correct so far, but the fact its taken me round in a very big circle doesn't instill confidence.

And we've gone round in a circle again. This time a smaller one around bath road (the A4). Ill leave this running for a while, just to see what happens, but I dont have the confidence that it wont take me round in circles when I go on a long journey. So already thinking about going back to 2.7.
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did another recalculating after taking me to basingstoke (overshot my destination by a fair bit).

going back. Its just being silly.
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaster2 wrote:
Switched to 2D. Very strange, the map showed me to be in the middle of Horse Guards Parade. I am actually in Nottingham.

It then took 45 minutes to locate the satalites.

this is normal as it defaults back to london after f/w changes.
45 mins my also seem long but again is dependant on sky views etc.
steveapp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: 2d / 3d Reply with quote

Well ive done a little testing, very off the cuff so no specifics but to my eyes, version 3 is perfectly stable and reliable so longs as you use the 2d maps, as soon as I go to 3d i start getting lock ups. Go back to 2.7 and there are no problems in either view.

On all this i have detail set to the maximum, and lots of poi's installed.

I find this annoying as Ive always used 2d, but went to 3d very recently and now quite like it, though it doesnt look quite right in comparison to a tomtom 3d, but cant put my finger on why.

For completeness by the way i have the V8 maps and the v2 voices with both firmware releases, and the unit is one from just before the v7/8 map upgrade last November.

Notabley, when i went back to Firm 2.7 and it completely wiped everything i put it in the car and it found its location as quickly as normal (less tha a minute) so i didnt get the 45 minute delay experienced by others.

Stephen
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, when in 3D view, mine finds the satelites withine a minute. It was only when I reinstalled 2.7 and switched to 2D that I had the long wait.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2d / 3d Reply with quote

steveapp wrote:
Well ive done a little testing, very off the cuff so no specifics but to my eyes, version 3 is perfectly stable and reliable so longs as you use the 2d maps, as soon as I go to 3d i start getting lock ups. Go back to 2.7 and there are no problems in either view.

I find this annoying as Ive always used 2d, but went to 3d very recently and now quite like it, though it doesnt look quite right in comparison to a tomtom 3d, but cant put my finger on why.

For completeness by the way i have the V8 maps and the v2 voices with both firmware releases, and the unit is one from just before the v7/8 map upgrade last November.

Notabley, when i went back to Firm 2.7 and it completely wiped everything i put it in the car and it found its location as quickly as normal (less tha a minute) so i didnt get the 45 minute delay experienced by others.

Stephen
I will try FW 3 with 2d mode tonight to see if it makes a difference and report back.
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2d / 3d Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
steveapp wrote:

Stephen
I will try FW 3 with 2d mode tonight to see if it makes a difference and report back.
OK. Here's my findings
In Map mode with Firmware 3.0 and 2d view the screen update is fine. In 3d mode it is slow and jerky... Has anyone got Firmware 3 with no problems in 3d mode?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: