Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CPL Update PAcht V6 for US ????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CPL Update PAcht V6 for US ????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: CPL Update PAcht V6 for US ???? Reply with quote

Why is the patcvh not released for the US ? 8O
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it already has been - your version is v6.0.1.22.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:

which doesn't have some of the new features in 6.0.1.68!

Why don't you make a backup of your current installation, then try using 6.0.1.68 downloaded from www.alk.eu.com ? I used 6.0.1.22 in Europe (downloaded from the US site) quite successfully until the latest patch came along last week

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for issues. One of the reasons for the separate UK patch, was to correct UK specific issues with the US one which was never released over here. It is quite possible that the UK tweaks may have issues in the US. I refer to the last US patch (61 I believe) from which UK users were discouraged from using - we were told to stay with v48.

I would add that I never managed to get the US patch to work well on my hardware - and I know that I was not alone.
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the UK atch installede, it exttrracts to NONE existing folders, i check even during extraction.......shoiw hidden fioes set.,

There is soo much wrong with CPL6, it is tunusable still despite the patch from march.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirhardi wrote:
I can't get the UK atch installede, it exttrracts to NONE existing folders, i check even during extraction.......shoiw hidden fioes set.,

There is soo much wrong with CPL6, it is tunusable still despite the patch from march.

Unfortunately, it looks as if my warning of the possibility of issues when using the UK patch on a US installation may be a reality.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirhardi, don't install a UK patch in the US, it will make you drive on the wrong side of the road! :D

Seriously, I don't think it's a good idea to use the UK patch here.

The US patch for CP6 was 6.0.1.22 (resulting in 6.0.1.24 on the PC) back on March 16, 2006. As I posted back then, this patch did not solve a single problem for me.

The UK patch or patches I think were aimed at 7-digit postal codes and Safety Cameras, which are thankfully not burning issues in the US so far but they were show-stoppers in UK. I am glad to hear that the Safety Camera feature is finally usable.

Both patches tried to fix up user Routing Profiles, but the reports on this have been so discouraging that I don't even try to use this feature that I used to ask for.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i wont do it that.
HOWEVER, when Travroute ws first released, itwas DEFINETLY made for US truking Route and that with scale stations wight scaes for fruit import through Ariz etc.
At that oint, i had io idea this was turning into UK product.
I fail to see the MUCH needed support and uopdated ?US implementation wih FAR more renewed MAPS.
Compared to Iguiodance it is a minimum of 10 Feet off and that with 2 seeperate Both ALK BT receivers.
Given the fact that there was ZERO V4 Patches and a nothig usable at all sionce than esides ?GUI redo, this is a Loose Papaerweight holder rtheree versios into it for the ?US, overpriced and not usavle.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US patch in fact fixed for me the keyboard issue not working, the advanced routing options not working correclty and a few other small things that I could care less about, I used it on a trip from PHX to Las Vegas and it worked just fine with no issues.
Smilodon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Patches Reply with quote

BMWBiker wrote:
Sirhardi, don't install a UK patch in the US, it will make you drive on the wrong side of the road! :D

Seriously, I don't think it's a good idea to use the UK patch here.

Trying to decide what to do myself. I have the US unpatched CoPilot 6 version (don't have the exact version number handy at the moment). I've installed the UK maps, and am getting ready to head over there in a couple of weeks for a motorcycle trip.

I've loaded the latest camera files from here, which seemed to go ok. In my few uses here in the states, I've seen a few little problems, none of which seems to be adressed by any of the patches.

I don't want to make things worse before I take the trip, but I'm a little concerned how it will behave with cameras and the like once I'm over there. Any thoughts folks from both sides of the pond?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirhardi wrote:
...i had io idea this was turning into UK product...

It isn't!

Quite simple really - the UK support site has the UK patch, and the US support site has the US patch. It's called tailoring the product for differrent markets; something which many of us in the UK would say is still only partially implemented, and that there is still some way to go.

If some of the comments on this site are representative of a significant number of the 'silent majority' ALK still have to do a considerable amount of futher work on a UK version, or face becoming passed over in the UK market.

Hopefully, the recent UK specific additions are an indication that ALK have become all to well aware of this need.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Patches Reply with quote

Smilodon wrote:

Trying to decide what to do myself. I have the US unpatched CoPilot 6 version (don't have the exact version number handy at the moment). I've installed the UK maps, and am getting ready to head over there in a couple of weeks for a motorcycle trip.

I've loaded the latest camera files from here, which seemed to go ok.

Smilodon, many of us will be interested to hear how the US version of CP6 performs in UK. I got reasonable navigation in Germany a few years back, but could not get safety cameras working then.

I wonder how you could pre-test safety cameras before leaving US?
-in demo mode? (no, you will probably still have a US demo)
-playback of a GPS track from a UK user?
-declaring a dummy camera as POI near your home?

As for the patch 6.0.1.22, why not install it? Since DPDurst has described a few benefits I will give it another look to see if it's more useful than I thought, particularly with Routing Profiles. It can't hurt to have the latest patch.

At least we bike riders appreciate the fat finger keyboards and buttons. I used to risk my life getting a glove off so I could poke a selection.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
Smilodon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: CoPilot US/UK Patch Reply with quote

BMWBiker, I'll try and get back on here with a report.

My setup is a roadgear back-mounted document holder with an autocom intercom, BT GPS receiver and pda (IPAQ HX2415 mounted inside. My passenger is "running" the PDA/GPS, with TTS voice coming through the intercom.

My concern is that I currently have no time to test the patch before I leave, so I don't want to "break it", only to discover the fact on the other side of the pond.

I'll check the version I have when I am at home (my PDA is on "leave of absence" from work to get setup for the trip), but at this point, I'll probably stick with what I have. I've had a few niggling problems, but nothing that seems to be helped by the patch.
sirhardi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am styill waititng on a US patch that works for heavens sakes man Embarassed
tivoboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: what featurs Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
neil01 wrote:

which doesn't have some of the new features in 6.0.1.68!

Robin

what features are in .68?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: