Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 5.2 on XDA Exec - phone problem with TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 5.2 on XDA Exec - phone problem with TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5.2 on XDA Exec - phone problem with TomTom Reply with quote

Hi

I have TomTom 5.2 installed on an XDA Exec (with the latest firmware, released a couple of weeks back)

If I have TomTom running, the device has real problems coping with incoming phone calls. The ring tone barely works, and if paired with a BT car kit, the car kit connection doesn't work too well. It looks as though the device has run out of memory or cpu.

I can make an outgoing phone call OK, and there is no problem with incoming calls if I'm not running TomTom.

Anyone out there with any experience of this combination?

Thanks,
Dazeck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have an O2 XDA Exec, upgraded to latest O2 firmware a week ago. I am also running TomTom 5.21 (legitimately purchased) with a Tomtom bluetooth gps unit. I have never had a problem when the phone rings or I receive a text whilst running TomTom.

My XDA sits in a brodit active mount and my GPS unit sits in the glove box. I dont have a BT car kit though.

Darren
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still investigating, but I think using a fancy MP3 ringtone was a problem. I've gone back to an inbuilt ringtone ("Old phone") and it is working more smoothly.

Has anyone any view on whether to install the various bits of the TomTom software into memory or SD card or a mixture? - I've installed everything into memory (exept maps...)

r.
Dazeck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a huge ringtone playing off the sd card and dont have a problem.

As for installing tomom, everything on the sd for me, as I dont use the tomtom today plugin, however, you'll find things like the pim addons will always install to memory anyway and can't be moved.

Darren

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: