Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - free membership
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

free membership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurch4653
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: free membership Reply with quote

My membership is due for renewal, no problem there. I have previously submitted one camera for removal and two new gatso sites and was expecting to be notified if i qualified for free life time membership, which would be nice. If i dont qualify could you let me know so i can subscribe again. As i dont want my membership to run out as i find your site so helpfull. Many thanks keep up the good work.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forums!

All the new life memberships have been awarded up to date now. I'm afraid that you were not successful as yet. Your submission may still be waiting for verification though.

For your reference:

Questions and Answers:

----------------------------

Q. How can I get Free Lifetime Membership?

A. Your active paid subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current paid member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer. The verification process can take about a month, but is often sooner.

Q. I've submitted a brand new camera, but I haven't received my free membership. Why?

A. We get 100s of submissions every month and it is not unusual for new cameras to be submitted by several different people.

You will receive a separate Free Lifetime Membership email if you have submitted a camera that is consequently verified by us and you were the first to submit it. If you don't receive a email, please check http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account every now and then to see if we have extended your subscription. If we haven't, then your submission wasn't successful.

Where the submission was both verified and first, we will of course always extend all memberships automatically whether or not there is email communication, for instance if your ISP blocked our email as commercial.

For general information it is worth noting that we get dozens of incorrect entries (middle of fields, North Sea etc.). These are not malicious, just genuine mistakes with submitters entering the wrong data. So whilst someone is absolutely certain that they've submitted a camera position, it isn't necessarily so that we have included their data.

We also sometimes, though rarely, have to wait longer than we would hope for some cameras to be verified. Overall, we're pleased to report that month on month the quality and volume is increasing, but, by the very nature of the beast, inevitably the odd camera might take a bit of time putting in an appearance.

Q. Why might my submission be rejected?

A. There may be a number of reasons:

* Duplicate of earlier submission

* Incorrect co-ordinates

* Unknown camera type

* Verified as not at location specified

Q. Can I have free lifetime membership if I report a mobile camera?

A. Sorry, no. Mobiles are problematical for verification, but please continue to report them - these submissions are still very useful to us.

Q. How can I keep up to date with new camera releases and developments?

A. If you haven't done so already, please sign up to our newsletters for future information. They contain updates about future speed camera database releases, hot topics, news and reviews. They go out about 12 or 13 times a year at present. Your privacy is important to us, we do not sell email details and you can easily unsubscribe with one click.

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/optin.jsp?m=1100360207501&ea=
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like to get your free lifetime subscription you will now have to spend a minimum of £4-6.

First, you have to be a paid-up member to qualify. After that, there now seems to be around a 6 week delay for the verification process, so you've probably had to pay for another one or two months, before you find out if your submission has been successful. And of course, if you haven't, you hear nothing....

Meanwhile, it seems hundreds of Mobile sites have been included in the latest download without being verified. Confused? I am!

(And before anyone goes to check, I'm one of the lucky ones who did get the lifetime membership at the start).
Chris206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says they cannot verify mobile camera sites... and you dont qualify for free membership if you report tem.

Bit hard to verify them isnt it...
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if you got a ticket or not! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: