Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - my guide navigator 6500 xl problem with charger plug ?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

my guide navigator 6500 xl problem with charger plug ?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguewoulf2003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: my guide navigator 6500 xl problem with charger plug ????? Reply with quote

hi guys I have a my guide navigator 6500 xl its looks like the mio tec 168 to look at, where the charger plugs in its gone faulty I have taken it a part and the bit fell out do any one know where I can get a replacement one because with this faulty it charges but it will not communicate with my computer no more do any one have the company web address or no of anyone that sells this part

thanks Alan Sad
gpsn3wbie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try where you bought it from? they may carry accessories.
Rosco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: my guide navigator 6500 xl problem with charger plug ????? Reply with quote

Hi, I experienced same problem with my MyGuide Navigator 6500XL which I purchased from a Lidl store in November 2004.
It wouldn`t charge/sync from the usb cradle, and the car 12v lead would only connect if held in a certain position.
As my one came with a 3yr warranty, I called their service line in Germany (Anubis-Typhoon -Tel: 00800 22558974) and explained the fault. They were very helpful, arranged collection by UPS and delivery to Germany for repair, then returned to me by UPS all within under 2weeks, and trackable on internet. I received my repaired PDA back yesterday (13/4/06).
They replaced the motherboard and updated the software and Flash ROM to latest version, all free of charge. The returned PDA now has Falk Navigator 2 with TMC capability (though unfortunately without the TMC receiver), and now appears to be performing as good as new.
Don`t know if they would still repair yours for free being as you have already opened it up yourself, but they should certainly be able to fix it for you. Give them a call and find out.
Hope this info will be of some help to you, oh and yes it is based on the Mitac Mio 168.
polekat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is doing the same you have to wiggle it about in the charger/cradle for it to charge or sync, same with the car charger.

Looking at base of the 6500xl you can wiggle the edge connector slightly.
It must be the weight of the car charger cable constantly moving around when driving and putting a strain on the connector, it might be better to get one of those inbuilt charge/holder cradles.

Did you send yours back in the original box ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: