Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginners guide What a joke? Garmin i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginners guide What a joke? Garmin i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skydyer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Beginners guide What a joke? Garmin i3 Reply with quote

I am trying hard to be grateful for all the hard work that has clearly gone into all aspects of the database.

I have a Garmin i3 and have only once been able to download the database . Thanks that was when it was free.

So i paid duly. Now i am struggling and almost getting unkind about the completely complex unclear and at times downright nerdy nature of the whole thing. As for beginners guide Come on its hideoulsy complex.

Februaries and now March and can i get the bloody thing to give me a warning about anything.

Looking forward to Iraq anythings better than how i feel about this at the moment
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've printed out the following, based on MELennium's instructions on this forum. I find them easy to understand, and they work well for me.

1) Create a folder "Garmin I3 POI’s & Safety Camera Data" or similar.

2) Download the latest POI’s to the folder.
(from http://www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin/download.htm )

3) Download the latest Safety Camera Data to the same folder.
(from http://pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php )

4) Now unzip your POI’s & Safety Camera Data files to the same folder.

5) Connect your I3 to your computer using the provided USB cable.

6) Your I3 should automatically open the GARMIN POI LOADER but if not open manually & then select NEXT & it will search & find your I3.

7) Now select NEXT again then on BROWSE to find the folder you made & named earlier where you downloaded your latest POI’s & Safety Camera Data too and then on OK.

8 ) You can now change the distance & speed to feet and mph if required.

9) Either leave at Express which downloads your POI’s & Safety Camera Data automatically or change to Manual where you can choose to alter the proximity alerts to suit your individual needs.

10) Now select NEXT & it will now download to your I3 if you chose Express, or you can alter the proximity alerts of each POI as you keep on selecting NEXT, if you chose Manual.

11) Once downloaded disconnect your I3 from your computer.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Beginners guide What a joke? Garmin i3 Reply with quote

skydyer wrote:
I am trying hard to be grateful for all the hard work that has clearly gone into all aspects of the database.

I have a Garmin i3 and have only once been able to download the database . Thanks that was when it was free.

So i paid duly. Now i am struggling and almost getting unkind about the completely complex unclear and at times downright nerdy nature of the whole thing. As for beginners guide Come on its hideoulsy complex.

Februaries and now March and can i get the bloody thing to give me a warning about anything.

Looking forward to Iraq anythings better than how i feel about this at the moment

Hi skydyer,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Don't worry though, we WILL get you sorted Smile

What specific problem did you run into when trying to download?

Thanks for your help Anita, very much appreciated :D
david24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Beginners guide Reply with quote

Having had trouble getting updates for the speed camera POI's I followed Anita's advice and low and behold it downloaded to my i3. Decided to take it for a spin and found it had locked up and resets, removing the card etc etc did not cure it. I can't even switch the unit off without a struggle! It seems others have had the same sort of problems looking through thr forum postings. Guess I will have to take it back under guarentee. Crying or Very sad
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased I helped you sort out downloading the cameras, but oh dear! I do hope the problems you have now aren't my fault Embarassed

You haven't installed the latest firmware (v2.9) have you? There have been a lot of reports of the i3 freezing afterwards.
Samsung Galaxy S21
david24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Beginners guide - what a joke Garmin i3 Reply with quote

It is possible as I visited the Garmin WebUpdater - but as I can't get into the i3 I can't check what version it is running on - or not! Nevertheless I am sure it is not your fault. I did see a posting where someone had got into trouble with downloading all the Garmin POI's but the card should be big enough to handle that as it is 256Mb and I believe the file size is about 2Mb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: