Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Speed Camera Editing / Loading Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, ive given up trying with this app, to buggy still at the moment, on my i3 it's doing nothing, latest POI loader program (2.21), using the correct files, and it's just sitting there doing nothing, no matter how hard i try .gpx files created by this program just will not transfer to my i3 (not unless this transfer takes 30 mins + anyway?), the only thing i have done different is i changed the icons this program creates to some of my own, but they are named the same as the ones the program creates so i cant see why there should be a problem?

I give up, i'll stick to the CSV files Rolling Eyes
Paul
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Have just managed to get it to transfer 1 of the smaller files created by this program, problem is this now wipes all my .csv files off the i3, some of which have alerts set by distance and are nothing to do with speed cameras, so i guess i cant use this for the speed cameras, and still have my other things set to alert at distance?, if i'm having to use express mode to upload the .gpx files created by this program, then how can i upload my other .csv files as well (which need a manual upload) and still get them to alert by distance?

I'm guessing the files created by this program wont work properly if uploaded manually?
Paul
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps73uk wrote:
Hmmm, Have just managed to get it to transfer 1 of the smaller files created by this program, problem is this now wipes all my .csv files off the i3, some of which have alerts set by distance and are nothing to do with speed cameras, so i guess i cant use this for the speed cameras, and still have my other things set to alert at distance?, if i'm having to use express mode to upload the .gpx files created by this program, then how can i upload my other .csv files as well (which need a manual upload) and still get them to alert by distance?

I'm guessing the files created by this program wont work properly if uploaded manually?

This application only copies files to POI_Loader's working directory, ready for upload - it doesn't talk to the i3 directly. If you've got POI categories dissappearing from the i3, then that's entirely down to POI_Loader, and nothing to do with this.

To be honest, I've never tried tried installing GPX files using the Manual option with POI_Loader - might be worth giving it a go.

When you say that you managed to (sort of) successfully transfer one file, which one was it? Have you checked that it's correctly detected POI_Loader's working directory (check the log)?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general note, I'm more than willing to provide support for this application - but please remember that I do so free-of-charge, and in my own time.

Don't just say things like "it doesn't work", "it's crap", "it produces errors" etc.

Explain what doesn't work, why you think it's crap, or what errors it produces - the status log is there for a reason, please use it.

The more information you can provide, the quicker issues can be resolved ;)
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
As a general note, I'm more than willing to provide support for this application - but please remember that I do so free-of-charge, and in my own time.

Don't just say things like "it doesn't work", "it's crap", "it produces errors" etc.

Explain what doesn't work, why you think it's crap, or what errors it produces - the status log is there for a reason, please use it.

The more information you can provide, the quicker issues can be resolved ;)

Agreed, does seem rather unfair and ungrateful to heap such criticisms on an app that you wrote, then distributed free for the good of the community.

I mean others are using it quite happily, so I think it's fair to assume that it doesn't have some show-stopping bug at present.
marbar2k
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marbar2k wrote:
the app lost amazing, i downloaded it last night but in the bottom bit it says taget file not there (or something along those lines)

Can anyone help?

sorry to repost this but can anyone help me?
sanaar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: FANTASTIC Reply with quote

Great little app.
Does exactly what it says on the tin !!!
Especially like the fact you can change alert distances so easy
sparkalfa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to be first post but i used your app yesterday it did it's stuff but now the poi loader just crashes.
When i go through the menus i get to the last "next" & the poi loader stops & windows eventually returns with a "not responding" message
It works ok when using other poi's Confused
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkalfa wrote:
poi loader stops & windows eventually returns with a "not responding" message

Any idea how long this was?

POI_Loader seems to really struggle with GPX files, takeing 5+ minutes to upload just the cameras (actually it only takes a few seconds, but POI_Loader likes to sit there for a good few minutes beforehand thinking about it).
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking, even Embarassed
sparkalfa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a couple of minutes but will leave it for longer :D
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
sparkalfa wrote:
poi loader stops & windows eventually returns with a "not responding" message

Any idea how long this was?

POI_Loader seems to really struggle with GPX files, takeing 5+ minutes to upload just the cameras (actually it only takes a few seconds, but POI_Loader likes to sit there for a good few minutes beforehand thinking about it).

30+ mins here so far, but the program just keeps saying "not responding", this program would be a lot better if it could generate .csv files. I have ran a test with one of the smaller files the program generates (temp cameras), it did transfer this within 10 seconds, but wipes all my other .csv files (the fault of POI Loader not this program), i have been messing around this afternoon with the files your program generates and have converted them back to .csv files, these upload within 20 secs on express mode but dont know if they will work and give both normal alerts and exceeding the speed limit alerts?, still dont really slove my original problem though of manually uploading them and the other things i would manually upload, normally all my alerts (including speed cameras) are set by distance so i only get the one alert but it displays the camera site on screen all the time until i'm past it, but i did like the idea of having both distance and exceeding speed limit alerts. Cant think how to get around this one using your files converted to the .csv format and using manual upload. Question
Paul
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps73uk wrote:
30+ mins here so far, but the program just keeps saying "not responding", this program would be a lot better if it could generate .csv files.

CSV files are no good because POI_Loader* overrides your settings, even if you specify them using Manual mode - that's why GPX files are needed. Converting the GPX files back to CSV files is kinda missing the point...

*bad POI_Loader, bad Evil or Very Mad
shedracer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A positive note for you Ash, I have successfully uploaded the camera data base which gives me warnings irrespective of speed. I am very grateful for your app and the help you and others have given. :D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same goes here 8)

Colin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17

Jump to: