Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spoken POI alerts for TomTom GO, Mobile, PocketPC and Palm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you can have 30 different warnings by using POIExtend from the site Richard linked to above, you can also retain some of the existing warnings by creating your own specific data.chk, there is an option in POIExtend to save the original sounds to the PC then re-use these when you make your new data.chk this also gives you the option to rename the warnings to a more realistic name - Mike
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx for the reply Mike... read straight past that one... apologies!!

Had a quick look, looks a little daunting to me not being too technical, but I'll give it a go.
I'm guessing that as long as I copy my data.chk file to my PC first, i can always put it back!!??

So I'm assuming I should now be able tuse the 15 existing in the data.chk with the downloaded safet camera voices data.chk file all together??? Once I get my head round it.

Tx again and watch this space for help?!?!?!

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use the extended warnings in this way also needs the TomTom.exe file to be extracted and it will be modified (there is a method detailed on Rays site as to how this is done on the TT Go units), you are on the right lines by backing the files up on the PC first before meddling with them, it takes a bit of time to work out, just use the play sound control and save file controls within POIExtend BEFORE you try to make your own data.chk, To get the original "sounds" load the original data.chk from the device and save each sound to a specific folder on the PC, then load the new data.chk and TT file and import the old warnings into the application, once you get used to the controls within the program its easy to use, I agree at first it looks a little daunting at first, but it is well worth the effort in the long run - Mike
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few quick points - not all the sounds in the data.chk can be saved, some are encrypted and will not play or extract.
If you want to keep all of the original sounds don't load any new sound files into the first 15 sound slots in the program.
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
To use the extended warnings in this way also needs the TomTom.exe file to be extracted and it will be modified (there is a method detailed on Rays site as to how this is done on the TT Go units),

I've looked in vain but can't find this info.... think I may need to contact Ray!?

mikealder wrote:
you are on the right lines by backing the files up on the PC first before meddling with them,

Firmly backed up the whole unit!!!

mikealder wrote:
it takes a bit of time to work out, just use the play sound control and save file controls within POIExtend BEFORE you try to make your own data.chk,
Pretty cool app really... I have started to save each sound already.....

mikealder wrote:
To get the original "sounds" load the original data.chk from the device and save each sound to a specific folder on the PC, then load the new data.chk and TT file and import the old warnings into the application, once you get used to the controls within the program its easy to use, I agree at first it looks a little daunting at first, but it is well worth the effort in the long run - Mike

When I load the original data.chk file (TomTom Original sounds) and it looks like Rays picture ... 30 sounds, but when when you play each sound, there are only 11 different sounds! It hasn't picked up any of the "POLITE" ones or "BEEP 2"?!

I've obviously gone drastically wrong!!

I've downloaded the Safety cam voices (App.5.420 - 5643) to my PC.
Followd the instructions to install and run Rays Software.
I load the file "ttn" as in No. 1 and it puts the Speed camera names up exactly like in Rays Picture! (although these don't quite match up with what is on my TomTom? EG Theres an extra one called GATSO, but not one called GATSO_var. Theres also an extra MOBILE one too, I'm guessing all the Specs have been lumped together and not by zone)

So i go to step 2 and load the saved Satey camera Voice .chk file, and then I notice that the 15 names of these files don't tally up with the names of the cameras as shown in Rays picture.

I understand that I can rename the green side to coincide with the correct name, or I can save them to my PC and then drag them back against the right file, but where do i get the missing ones from? EG GATSO 20 or GATSO 70?

I'm sorry it's so long, and I'll bet this has been asked somewhere in these 47 pages... but I have scanned through and can't locate the answer.

Hope someone out there has some time to read this and help.

Tx

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gadget_sa wrote:
mikealder wrote:
To use the extended warnings in this way also needs the TomTom.exe file to be extracted and it will be modified (there is a method detailed on Rays site as to how this is done on the TT Go units),

I've looked in vain but can't find this info.... think I may need to contact Ray!?

Do you mean this?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I've just emailed an new ini file for the POIEW program.
The default text you see in the green boxes in the program has no relation to the data.chk file you have loaded but are just called from the ini file.

You can also download a set of ogg files from my site http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html bottom of page and its the 22050hz versions you need
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx Ray,
Sorry to be a pain, I'm guessing I just drop this ini file into the POI EXTEND folder and re-open the programme?

You said "The default text you see in the green boxes in the program has no relation to the data.chk file you have loaded but are just called from the ini file."

All sounds technical, but I'm guessing again that the ini file contains all of the camera names?? And the one you sent is different?!

Found the defaults at the bottom that were created, and as luck has it I downloaded the correct version too!
I was just about to start your programme and start putting them in place.

Tx again Ray and if you don't mind, any more problems and I'll shout!

rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes just replace the original in c:\poiextend. In the green boxes you will now see bell 1 ,cow etc. Now you will know what the sounds are, so to keep the orignals don't load a new ogg file.
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx again Ray.

I have just mailed you as i seem to still have a minor problem, although I could live without the missing sounds, but I understand one of them may be needed for new SMS messages??

Tx

gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now sorted and very happy!

Thank you to all on here and for Rays off topic assistance.

I'll be upgrading my membership in a couple of days to a Years worth... the help on here is worth every penny and more!

Tx again.

pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have just aquired a Pocket Pc Running Tom Tom Navigator also which I am thinking of using at work.
I got the speed cams etc thanks to my member ship how ever I cannot seem to get the voice skins to work for the speed camera wanring
I have tried the version from Ray Flans Site, Pocket Gps (As IN here) and also from a disk I aquired often Ebay last year.
It is currenly running on Tom Tom Navigator App Version 5.100 (5160).
I have tried loading the data.chk in to the main root and renaming it so it just says "data.chk" However I still dont seem to have the nice voices when I put the SD card back in to the Pocket PC
Any one Please got any Ideas??

Let's Be Safe Out There
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are replacing the wrong data.chk file.
The one you need to change is on your device and not the sd card. You will find it in the Navigator folder which is in the Program Files folder
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray you have done it once again
Thanks
I dont suppose you will be doing another data chk file will you for the new version of go will you??

:D

Let's Be Safe Out There
Spark1e
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link for my modified data.chk file with speed camera warnings, red light warnings & some limit warnings - h**p://www.megaupload.com/?d=AF7CS00R
This is the one I've got working on my Tomtom Go 500 V5.440

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 47 of 73

Jump to: