Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to change Map color on copilot live 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change Map color on copilot live 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauleley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: How to change Map color on copilot live 6 Reply with quote

How do i the change Map color on copilot live 6 like you can on TomTom.
I used cp5 for a bit then went back to tomtom but now work has just up graded to cp6 and it's crap.
But stuck with it for now the maps look and not sd deteled as tomtom i use a Dell x51v vga. So the PDA is Topspec but cp6 just look naff. And is ther any way of geting the screen to look like is a VGA ?? If you see tomtom on a dell x51v vga you no what i meen.
And as for that dam big MENU button on the Screen can i get rid of it.
Thanks Embarassed

But i do like the live tracking. Is CoPilot Live - Traffic going to be on cp6 if so is ther a link to the site.
Thanks
Laughing
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't take credit for discovering this, as a friend passed it to me.

Arrow With the PPC docked, go into File|Explore on your Desktop PC Active Sync menu. This will open up an enhanced window showing the folders on Mobile Device.
Arrow Open up the folder \Program Files\Copilot Pocket PC and edit Style.cfg and Nightstyles.cfg using Notepad. That will give you your differently coloured maps. You will have to experiment with the different colours for roads, backgrounds, etc. as I don't have a comprehensive list. Maybe ALK would email you one if you were to ask.

This is not a user-friendly method such as found in TomTom 5, but it does give much finer control. For example, it is possible to change the colour of a single road type without changing anything else.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
pauleley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info will look at this.
Have you got Copilot 6.0.1.22. & TomTom Navigator on you PDA .
If so can you just change from one to the other.

Thanks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory limitations prevent two large programmes such as CP 6 and TTN 5 running in memory at the same time. Also, unlike TTN 3, TTN 5 does not allow GPS receiving to be temporarily suspended while another programme is used.

Of course, either programme can be used after the other is exited, but it takes time to exit and unload.

CP 6 does allow the GPS to be suspended. It is therefore possible to run it with a small programme such as Pocket Streets, which also allows suspension, in the background.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a regular user of printed maps, I have become rather used to the differentiation by colour used by the UK maps, and dislike the differentiation by shade used by CoPilot.

While I would like to have the 'Primary Route A Roads' in Green, and the other 'A' roads in red, these two distinct types of road are grouped under a single classification (which may be a factor in some of the routing problems - but that is another soapbox)

I have, however, been able to get an approximation of the colours used by the ordinance survey in their Landranger series:

==============================================

Changes to CoPilots road colours.

Make the following changes to styles.cfg for the day map (PC and PPC), and to nightstyles.cfg for the night map (PPC only).

The changed files should be copied to the \Program Files\CoPilot Pocket PC\ directory in the PPC's main memory, and the \Program Files\CoPilot\PocketPC6\App\ folder on the PC. I would recommend keeping copies of the PPC files on the SD card in case the files ever become corrupted, or CoPilot is re-installed away from the PC

-- Styles.cfg:
Changed the Motorways to Blue (darker outer and pale inner)

[Basic\Road\InterstateThin]
"PenColor"=0x00e16941

[Basic\Road\InterstateThin\InterstateThickInner]
"PenColor"=0x00ffb584

Changed A roads (dual and single) to Magenta (darker outer and pale inner)

[Basic\Road\DividedThin]
"PenColor"=0x006600cc

[Basic\Road\DividedThin\DividedThickInner]
"PenColor"=0x008080ff

-- Nightstyles.cfg:
Changed the Motorways to Blue (lighter outer and dark inner)

[Basic\Road\InterstateThin]
"PenColor"=0x00ffb584

[Basic\Road\InterstateThin\InterstateThickInner]
"PenColor"=0x00e16941

Changed A roads (dual and single) to Magenta (pale outer and darker inner)

[Basic\Road\DividedThin]
"PenColor"=0x008080ff

[Basic\Road\DividedThin\DividedThickInner]
"PenColor"=0x006600cc

NB to make the changes to the desktop version of the file, the read only attribute must be removed. After the changes, the attrubute can be reset.

NB2 The PPC and the PC versions of the file are NOT interchangeable.

NB3 Although there is also a nightstyles file for the Desktop program, it is not used, so it does not need to be changed.

I have not attempted to achieve an exact match for all road types (due to lack of time), just to get as near as possible with the minimum of changes. So any suggestions on additional changes would be most welcome.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some changes to the nightstyles and styles files for version 6.0.1.68, so if you do make changes, make them to the new files.

I have noticed that separate entries have been added for the 3D maps - I have not done any tinkering with changes to them (yet!)
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops!

I'd better copy the originals back then.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: