Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help please. My TT GO 300 will not read card info
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help please. My TT GO 300 will not read card info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: help please. My TT GO 300 will not read card info Reply with quote

I have cocked up big style Embarassed . Have tried to put new camera info onto my memory card using the new format single file and lost my cameras.
I tried taking out the single file i had imported and putting back the origional file so i could at least use today. Still no camera's or othet POI's for that matter. I checked all were activated but still nothing.
So here is where it gets fun. I thought oh well i can take out what is on my memory card and upload my saved back up which i made as instructed. I moved all the info to a new folder and transfered the back up info back onto my memory card. I turned off my TT Go and unplugged the usb connector, turned my TT Go back on and it tells me to take out the card with a red X on it. When i replace it says the same thing. I have turned the TT Go back on ond gone into my computer and instead of a picture of my TT GO it has a flat box that just says TOMTOM (DSmile. When i open it up the files are there to be seen but for some reason the device is not operating. Ok i thought take all this out and put back what i transferred into the new folder and the same thing happens when i transferred from my back up. THe files show when i open up TOMTOM (DSmile on my computer but my device says take out the card and replace. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: help please. My TT GO 300 will not read card info Reply with quote

sunter18 wrote:
I have cocked up big style Embarassed . Have tried to put new camera info onto my memory card using the new format single file and lost my cameras.
I tried taking out the single file i had imported and putting back the origional file so i could at least use today. Still no camera's or othet POI's for that matter. I checked all were activated but still nothing.
So here is where it gets fun. I thought oh well i can take out what is on my memory card and upload my saved back up which i made as instructed. I moved all the info to a new folder and transfered the back up info back onto my memory card. I turned off my TT Go and unplugged the usb connector, turned my TT Go back on and it tells me to take out the card with a red X on it. When i replace it says the same thing. I have turned the TT Go back on ond gone into my computer and instead of a picture of my TT GO it has a flat box that just says TOMTOM (DSmile. When i open it up the files are there to be seen but for some reason the device is not operating. Ok i thought take all this out and put back what i transferred into the new folder and the same thing happens when i transferred from my back up. THe files show when i open up TOMTOM (DSmile on my computer but my device says take out the card and replace. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

When you click on TT, do you first see your backup folder and nothing else? if so and you double click on it, are the files inside that?

If so, select all the files and folders except for the backup folder itself, and drag them up to the same level as the folder. (do them one at a time if its too difficult to do it in one go)

If this is not the case select the TT and report what files and folders you see at top level on the device.

Tw
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for trying to help. When i opened the TTGo i had to open 3 files to get to all the subfiles. I have deleted that as when i tried to transfer the individual files back up i was told there was not enough memory. I deleted the whole lot again and transfered all the individual files, Great Britain Map,itn, licences, schemes, script, Tom Tom Cfg, voices, zip,autorun, connect 2 internet so, connect 2 internet, current map data chk, install bif, splash and system. Thy now show up when i click on Tom Tom Go (D:)which is on My Computer. I am still being given the same message when the USB lead is disconnected. Does that help any lol.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunter18 wrote:
thanks for trying to help. When i opened the TTGo i had to open 3 files to get to all the subfiles. I have deleted that as when i tried to transfer the individual files back up i was told there was not enough memory. I deleted the whole lot again and transfered all the individual files, Great Britain Map,itn, licences, schemes, script, Tom Tom Cfg, voices, zip,autorun, connect 2 internet so, connect 2 internet, current map data chk, install bif, splash and system. Thy now show up when i click on Tom Tom Go (D:)which is on My Computer. I am still being given the same message when the USB lead is disconnected. Does that help any Laughing Out Loud.

Checkout the thread 'Tomtom 300 problem' on page 2 of this forum, that has some messages which tell you what files there should be and where. They need to be back in the exact same place as when you copied them off the SD card. That person seems to have screwed up in the same way you did, so hopefully the solution will work for you :-)

Alternatively, if your backup was done as a simple copy onto the PC intoa folder, then that folder has the exact layout you need, think of the folder as being the tomtom, when you look at the TT300 the files should be in the same relative place, for example;

Tom tom
file a
file b
directory a
file a
file B

Folder on PC
file a
file b
directory a
file a
file B

What you DONT want is

tomttom
folder
file a
file b
directory a
etc

Thats if you did it yourself, which I cant remember, not sure what the TT backup software does. The main thing is to make sure you have a copy of the maps safe somewhere, everything else can be recovered AFAIK.

Tw
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: these are on my back up CD Reply with quote

this is the order that the items are on my CD and the order i copied them back across. The first 8 are in folders

Great Britain Map. size 101 MB. size on disc 101 MB. 32 files. 1 folder.
itn size 0 B size on disc 0 B 1 file 0 folder
Licences size 273 KB size on disc 298 KB 25 files 0 folder
schemes 0 B size on disc 0 B 0 files 0 folder
script size 391 KB size on disc 392 KB 6 files 0 folder
TomTom-Cfg size 23B size on disc 2 KB 1file 0 folder
Voices size 2.71 MB size on disc 2.73 MB 8 files 0 folder
zip size 8.41 MB size on disc 8.42 MB 1 file 0 folder
autorun size 65 B size on disc 2.00 KB
connect2internet size 91 KB size on disc 92 KB
connect2internet.so size 230 KB size on disc 232 KB
Current Map size 35 B size on disc 2.00 KB
data.chk size 1MB size on disc 1.01 MB
install.bif size 100 B size on disc 2.00 KB
Splash size 225 KB size on disc 226 KB
system size 260 KB size on disc 262 KB
tomtom size 3.55 KB size on disc 4.00 KB
tomtom.aid size 4B size on disc 2.00 KB
ttgo.bif size 313 B size on disc 2.00 KB
ttsystem size 3.27 MB size on disc 3.27 MB

Figures as the best of my writing down, Please anybody HELP!!!!!!!
sunter18
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: TW your a STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

As you will tell by the headline i am up and running again. For some reason when copying the files back accross it missed the last 4 off. When i wrote down all the info fies sizes etc i realised that the last 4 were missing off my card. So if anybody has a similar problem the order listed above are the order loaded. Now all i have to do is work out how to load those damned new camera files LMAO Laughing
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tumbleweed wrote:
not sure what the TT backup software does.

The TomTom Backup does exactly the same.

It creates a Folder in Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\TomTom. Creates all the sub-Folders as well.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: