Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Fees - Details
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Fees - Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre wrote:
Thank you all once again for the database...

I know that I would rather PAY £19/year than £60 for a "flash"

I have sent in details of cameras - in the past and if I see a new one will send it in -- but I don't feel that just because I have done that in the past it entitles me to something in the future.. I was contributing to my own, and others well being THEN, as were others all in small parts....

The databases have been, and hopefully will continue to be, "helpful"

Thank you team.....

Absolute pleasure Fibre. We will strive to improve the quality of the database month on month and, judging by the overwhelming response and enthusiasm by the majority of the community over the last few days, our job has suddenly become a lot easier.

Just to reiterate a previous post:

robbrady wrote:
The traffic is growing steadily so the community is growing even bigger and we are receiving even more speed cameras submissions with our new system. Everyone will eventually reap the benefits!
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

strumble wrote:
steveky wrote:
Darren
What is the current turnaround time for emails sent to dataalreadysubmitted emails, I sent one 24 hours ago and another a couple of hours ago

Steve

Question Question

I also sent to that address 30 hours ago.

Just checking that you got your membership OK strumble? For those that haven't yet, we're way ahead of our stated 5 working day turnaround. The vast majority are being processed within 12 hours. Anyone still having problems?
cjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
strumble wrote:
steveky wrote:
Darren
What is the current turnaround time for emails sent to dataalreadysubmitted emails, I sent one 24 hours ago and another a couple of hours ago

Steve

Question Question

Just checking that you got your membership OK strumble? For those that haven't yet, we're way ahead of our stated 5 working day turnaround. The vast majority are being processed within 12 hours. Anyone still having problems?

Yes, I sent mine on Sun 26th - no response. In case it went astray, I sent another today at 08:00.
Chris.
missing_user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

Quote:
Just checking that you got your membership OK strumble?

Thank you, it did arrive.
I was one of those 1% that had to wait.

It was not obvious where the .gpx file was available, as I was mislead by a 'GARMIN' folder.

The .gpx file needed for Garmin MapSource and my iQue 3600 was not in the GARMIN folder!

Perhaps a copy of it could be available there next time, as well as where it is this month?

Thank you.
PS Would be nice if we could 'delete' posts made on the 'spur of the minute'!!! :D
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

Hi strumble,

strumble wrote:
Quote:
Just checking that you got your membership OK strumble?

Thank you, it did arrive.
I was one of those 1% that had to wait.

Sorry about that, yes I can confirm you were amongst that number. Embarassed

Quote:
Thank you.
PS Would be nice if we could 'delete' posts made on the 'spur of the minute'!!! :D

PM me to let me know which one and we'll consider it Wink

Quote:
It was not obvious where the .gpx file was available, as I was mislead by a 'GARMIN' folder.

The .gpx file needed for Garmin MapSource and my iQue 3600 was not in the GARMIN folder!

Perhaps a copy of it could be available there next time, as well as where it is this month?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll make sure MikeB sees it.

Incidentally, here is MikeB tearing his hair out (and, like me he hasn't got a lot!) on a previous post Laughing :

TerryWalsh wrote:
Hi Mike

"There have been quite a few posts regarding compatibility issues with Firefox and also with ZoneAlarm".

Interesting, I use both of those and so far have not had any problems.

Terry Walsh

MikeB wrote:
This is one of the nightmares about creating systems for the internet. We have tested successfully in hundreds of configurations, but there are so many out there it is impossible to tell if what we do will work with everything.

On top of that there are browser incompatibilities that need to be worked around etc, etc. It is a never ending task.

We've given him a cup of tea and a biscuit and we thinks he's alright now.
cjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

cjn wrote:
robbrady wrote:
strumble wrote:
steveky wrote:
Darren

Steve

Question Question

Now done. Many thanks!

Yes, I sent mine on Sun 26th - no response. In case it went astray, I sent another today at 08:00.
Chris.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

cjn wrote:
Chris.

I can confirm that we received the one you sent today and I have activated your membership. Welcome! Please check your email box for confirmation.

Just to let everyone know that we're managing to turn around the subscriptions relatively fast. We're down to about 6 hours now.

As Darren said on a previous post: Spam filters, over zealous ISP's blocking bulk mail and dormant or old accounts seem to be the most common cause [of problems].
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't receive my free membership automatically either, but when I sent the information required to confirm it (I had kept one of the eMails confirming receipt of the data I submitted) it only took a few minutes before the confirmation eMail arrived. The download worked without problems too - well apart from me downloading the wrong file!

Thanks.
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an e-mail on Wednesday evening with attachments as I had not received my free membership. I have also sent the e-mail again this evening. Are you experiencing difficulty in replying to my e-mails?

Regards

John Simcox (elan2s)
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I will investigate and get back asap.
beermatt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
... The vast majority are being processed within 12 hours. Anyone still having problems?
I sent a copy of data I'd previously submitted on Tue 28/02/2006 at 22:54 - resent this morning (a few minutes ago) just in case it didn't get through.. Confused
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... The vast majority are being processed within 12 hours. Anyone still having problems?

I have not chased a response 'till now, as I assumed you are all under pressure at this time, but I did submit my details on Wed 1st and have not yet had an acknowledgement. Shall I just wait Question Wink
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elan2s wrote:
I sent an e-mail on Wednesday evening with attachments as I had not received my free membership. I have also sent the e-mail again this evening. Are you experiencing difficulty in replying to my e-mails?

Regards

John Simcox (elan2s)

Sorry for the delay John. Your email had got lost down the cracks! I have processed your membership. Please check your emails for confirmation. Welcome.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dataalreadysubmitted email Reply with quote

beermatt wrote:
robbrady wrote:
I sent a copy of data I'd previously submitted on Tue 28/02/2006 at 22:54 - resent this morning (a few minutes ago) just in case it didn't get through.. Confused

Thank you for resending beermatt. You are now signed up as a member. Apologies for the delay and welcome!

Please can anyone who hasn't received a membership confirmation resend their original email. Many thanks.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Quote:

I have not chased a response 'till now, as I assumed you are all under pressure at this time, but I did submit my details on Wed 1st and have not yet had an acknowledgement. Shall I just wait Question Wink

Welcome Graham, you are now a Member! Sorry for the delay.

If anyone else has membership outstanding, please resend the original email. Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 35 of 44

Jump to: