Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The February Speed Camera Database (4.024) has been released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleurdelyes wrote:

Fantastic....Thanks. Just for the record I wasn't moaning or complaining about the site ...I just couldn't work it out. I am more than chuffed with my membership and the facilities on it. Keep up the good work.. Cheers again.

Absolute pleasure fleurdelyes, thanks for persevering :D

Hope you enjoy your membership.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
I received an email from subscriptions@pocketgpsworld.com at 18:50 on the 24-02-2006. Subject line Lifetime Pocketgpsworld.com Subsciption invitation.
Body of message contained no readable Txt and was deleted by Mailwasher Pro.
Can somebody please resend that email.

I have signed you up manually Graham. please check your email for confirmation. It it gets washed again, please PM me.

Many thanks.
Barsnake
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO

Top Man Rob (And All The Team)
CoPilot Versions
No Room Left On The Daskboard!
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: paypal account Reply with quote

Tomcat911 wrote:
Hi
I wish to update my membership to enable me to downlod the speed camera db.
I am unable to see how to update my membership using my paypal account.

This is from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

Please help?

Thank you

Unfortunately, presently you are only able to use Nochex, cheque or postal order. The PayPal option will not be in place for 3 or 4 days yet.

This is certainly not directed at you Tomcat, but when we made the announcement about membership almost 100% of people who commented about payment method asked us not to use PayPal (bad experiences I guess). This was the main reason we launched with Nochex.

However, we decided that choice was king hence the announcement that PayPal will follow. PayPal though has proved to be problematical when it comes to integrating with our system, hence the delay.

Since launch we have received lots of feedback from people who actively want to use PayPal. This is just to reassure you that we are working tirelessly to make sure that you can in future.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
xda wrote:
I received an email from subscriptions@pocketgpsworld.com at 18:50 on the 24-02-2006. Subject line Lifetime Pocketgpsworld.com Subsciption invitation.
Body of message contained no readable Txt and was deleted by Mailwasher Pro.
Can somebody please resend that email.

I have signed you up manually Graham. please check your email for confirmation. It it gets washed again, please PM me.

Many thanks.

Thanks Rob, fortunately I was able to back track the deleted email from Mail Washer's logs, the email confirmation arrived intact this time, many thanks for your time and effort.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

galaxy111 wrote:
galaxy111 wrote:
Hi, I’ve just signed up for one months subscription and have downloaded the UK safety cameras data base for Tomtom (OV2 format)

All I received was a single file of unknown format (size 114 KB) called ‘downloadcameras’. Is this correct?

It is not recognised and won’t open up with any application. I would have expected a zip folder containing the OV2 files. I have not made any attempt to load it onto my Tomtom GPS until I have confirmed that it's OK.
I still can't dowload files from the camera database. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Did you manage to download the files? Does anyone at Pocketworld have an answer. I notice several other members are having the same problem? Crying or Very sad
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported to the corerect address (to dataalreadysubmitted and now also cc'd to Darren & Mike) the details of a camera I updated in the past (reported from another email address). Radio silence so far (since 28th Feb & yesterday PM) about if that does indeed entitle me to the lifetime sub.

Just wanted to know what expectation I should have for a responce? It's says elesewhere you need to verify the details. That's a prudent thing for PGPSW to do, of course. I just want to know if we're talkng talking about a day, a week, or whatever.

W
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wibbly wrote:
I reported to the corerect address (to dataalreadysubmitted and now also cc'd to Darren & Mike) the details of a camera I updated in the past (reported from another email address). Radio silence so far (since 28th Feb & yesterday PM) about if that does indeed entitle me to the lifetime sub.

Just wanted to know what expectation I should have for a responce? It's says elesewhere you need to verify the details. That's a prudent thing for PGPSW to do, of course. I just want to know if we're talkng talking about a day, a week, or whatever.

W

Hi Wibbly,

Sorry for the delay. Please check your email box, there should be a membership confirmation waiting for you.

We're still working hard to catch up, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Have you heard the old joke that's it's probably someone walking towards you, holding a torch with more work Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
fleurdelyes wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:
Just like before. The link is on the left of every forum screen and the homepage too. "Our site" box / "Speed Cameras"

Unfortunately this does not have a link for the database and only for submitting the cameras... Please help !!!

You should see it now you've received the confirmation :D

Just a suggestion.....(as you've got time on your hands Wink )

I've not had any problem accessing the downloads, so I'm guessing here, but it seems to be that if you aren't registered for whatever reason, the correct weblink for downloading/uploading reports, DOESN'T show the download part of the page.

Could it be adjusted so that instead of just nothing, it says something like "You are unable to download from here because you are not registered. Please subscribe HERE, or if you think you are registered but are still having problems, contact us HERE."

Just thought it might save some confusion and lots of queries here...
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Download problem Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
galaxy111 wrote:
galaxy111 wrote:
Hi, I’ve just signed up for one months subscription and have downloaded the UK safety cameras data base for Tomtom (OV2 format)

All I received was a single file of unknown format (size 114 KB) called ‘downloadcameras’. Is this correct?

It is not recognised and won’t open up with any application. I would have expected a zip folder containing the OV2 files. I have not made any attempt to load it onto my Tomtom GPS until I have confirmed that it's OK.
I still can't dowload files from the camera database. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Did you manage to download the files? Does anyone at Pocketworld have an answer. I notice several other members are having the same problem? Crying or Very sad

Sorry you're having problems. We're still trying to identify what the issue is. Please can you let us know if you have managed to download yet. If not, which browser are you using. Do you use a firewall? If so which firewall? Which specific speed camera selection did you choose? Are you trying to download from the main site www.PocketGPSWorld.com and not a mirror site? Please let us know how you get on. Many thanks.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Just a suggestion.....(as you've got time on your hands Wink )

Suggestions that save us time are more than welcome. Many thanks!

Quote:
I've not had any problem accessing the downloads, so I'm guessing here, but it seems to be that if you aren't registered for whatever reason, the correct weblink for downloading/uploading reports, DOESN'T show the download part of the page.

Could it be adjusted so that instead of just nothing, it says something like "You are unable to download from here because you are not registered. Please subscribe HERE, or if you think you are registered but are still having problems, contact us HERE."

I've passed this on to MikeB who will add it to his to do list. Again, thanks :D
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:

Hi Wibbly,

Sorry for the delay. Please check your email box, there should be a membership confirmation waiting for you.

We're still working hard to catch up, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Have you heard the old joke that's it's probably someone walking towards you, holding a torch with more work Laughing

Got it. Thanks.

W
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: download problem Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Has anyone out there been able to download the new speed camera databases successfully or are you all getting the document files instead of the zip files. help Confused

99% as far as we can tell. We are working to resolve the 1% who mostly appear to have rectifiable browser or firewall issues.

We're getting there Smile
ATFSman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: speed camera download Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply

Am trying to download from your main site.
I use microsoft internet explorer
I have xp professional with its inbuilt firewall activated

Have not yet been able to download
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: speed camera download Reply with quote

ATFSman wrote:
Thanks for your reply

Am trying to download from your main site.
I use microsoft internet explorer
I have xp professional with its inbuilt firewall activated

Have not yet been able to download

I can't think what the problem might be. Not being the most technical person myself, I'll pass this message on to the rest of the team so they can help.

Apologies, it must be really frustrating for you, especially when your using pretty standard software like most of us!

We'll do our best to get you up and running asap.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: