Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mio mitac 269+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mio mitac 269+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
will01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: mio mitac 269+ Reply with quote

i am thinking of buying a sat nav with European countries pre-installed i would also like to have uk speed camera's installed in the poi i was thinking along the lines of a mio 269+ but have been told that the covage of speed camera''s for this machine is not that reliable can anybody who has installed them got any oppinions
thanks
micke_011
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got poi-warner on my mio 268 and it works fine, the reliability in the software is there, i think it's more the quality of the database you use that might be the issue. one thing that could've been better is the support for which direction the cameras's facing as it now warns regardless, but that could also be in the database i use rather than in the app.

all in all, i'm quite happy with the unit, especially after the upgrade to miomap 2.0.
daktari
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that - I chose this device specifically because of the European coverage - and haven't been disappointed.

The POI-Warner software does a good job, although as Micke says, it doesn't distinguish which direction the Gatso is pointing ... better safe than sorry :D
will01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys i picked the mio 269+ because of the Specification fast cpu 400mhz and sirfstar111 and the european maps and it would be nice to have a good safety camera data base on it as well
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POI-Warner from

http://www.navigating.de/MioMap_en/POI/Bestellen/Bestellen.htm

Cost is a "one off" €29.90 and then POIhandler from

http://www.poihandler.com/register1.asp

Register first then click the "Subscribe" button at the top. Cost is €12 per year for the speed camera database - all other entries are free.
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have added that a range of English cautions and warning voices are available (free) from

http://www.amngps4.wanadoo.co.uk/sound.htm

Download the zip file from the bottom of the page, unzip the file, put the voice files on an SD card (32mb plenty big enough) and put into your 269/269+

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: