Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - can i have some help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

can i have some help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: can i have some help please Reply with quote

my uncle bought 3 medion 100 pocket pc's about a week ago from a shop, i decided to buy one of him since i could use the gps navigator on it, anywhere when i got it, it was saved with my uncles name and files etc, so i decided to do a hard reset, after it restarted i changed the name and the date etc, i went to try the navigation system, and its now asking for a product key for the software, which has to be three lots of five letters and numbers, and the only product key i have in the box is 20 lettered, and now i cannot load the navigation system.

has anyone encountered this kind of problem before, was it because of me doing a hard reset that the navigation gps became faulty?is there any way i can get round putting in a product key, or not?

your help would be very helpful.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi waz, and welcome onboard.

Can you tell us which navigation software you are trying to use.

It helps with the answers, as there are some variations in how things are done.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
waz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

model no; mdpna100
gps interface; nmea version 2.2

on the actual box it says medion navigation 5
waz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the actual screen it says tomtom with the two hand logo, there is no product key in the box, only a product key for the windows cd, a cd with the maps for europe, and another cd with active sync and a final one with the tom tom navigation info backed up on the cd.

In the manual it says if the storage card becomes malfunctioned, i should install active sync, plug in the usb docking stand into the computer and connect it to my device, everytime i do this the device can never be found, and the docking stand always has power on, when you check on device manager, the medion 100 can be seen plugged into usb 1, and that it is working properly, any help would be greatly appreciated.
waz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone help?

since i did the hard reset, i need an activation code for the sat nav software, a product key consisting of 3 lots of 5 letters. this is the way it will work again.

when you click on tom tom navigation, it asks you to make your preferences, then it says what voice you want, and then after this it asks for a product key and activation code for the british isles map so the software can work.

in the manual it says i can copy and paste the software present on one of the medion cd's, which contains the software already on the storage card which isn't working, so i installed active sync, then i attached the usb pouch for the medion into place and put the medion device on it, but the pc cannot detect the device, so i can't synchronise the pc to the pocket pc and rectify the problem.

has anyone had a similar problem and been able to fix it.
Qosmioman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not get my personal message i sent you?

Check your messages if its not there e-mail me
Paul
waz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the navigation software is medion navigator 5, but i did a hard reset which is why it is now asking for an activation code. Which is why i was asking if anyone knew what i could do to rectify the problem
Stormin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know wether youve sorted your problem, but activation codes can be got from ttcode.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: