Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - no NMEA data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

no NMEA data
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dilemma
Just tried thisand when I switched the unit back on, all it asked for was to be reconnected to the usb. I learnt the hard way to always backup before deleting anything, so I re-installed the original `backup` file and all is well again, but of course without the unit making a new backup file.
shughie
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your maps are safe, as they are stored on your units SD card in a directory called 'Maps'.

Naturally, do NOT delete this folder or any other folder with the exception of 'Backup' on the 'Flashdisk' drive.
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!!

If you don't have an ActiveSync backup, can the 'backup' file be restored. Activesync kept saying "Backup: Disk Full" so I couldn't take a backup priorto this operation. After deleting the file, on power-off/on, it just wants to be connected to USB again - which does nothing.

This is the second Icn510 which might have to go back due to it refusing to pick up satellites. The new one was left in the garden for over 30 mins and it just kept saying looking for GPS.

So far, I'm not best pleased with the quality of these.
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rnem170 wrote:
HELP!!

If you don't have an ActiveSync backup, can the 'backup' file be restored. Activesync kept saying "Backup: Disk Full" so I couldn't take a backup priorto this operation. After deleting the file, on power-off/on, it just wants to be connected to USB again - which does nothing.

This is the second Icn510 which might have to go back due to it refusing to pick up satellites. The new one was left in the garden for over 30 mins and it just kept saying looking for GPS.

So far, I'm not best pleased with the quality of these.

The backup directory is automatically recreated if it does not exist, when you power cycle the rear on off switch.
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope - that didn't work. I just get a blue 'connect me to the PC' screen displayed - just as shugie got.

I did find a solution though.. (found by googling and got a hit from navman-europe forums from the google cache)

When you get the blue USB screen, Start, Programs, Navman, SmartST - follow all the prompts. At the registration prompt, select No (as it has been pre-registered). From Tools menu, select Recover Registration Information. It will connect to net. Fill in any screens (name/address etc). When Registration info is displayed, click next (no need to enter an application key). When it's complete, close SmartST Desktop, disconnect iCN and it will restart.
twistedlands
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say thanks for all the information regarding slow iCNS. I have just been through all the above and my iCN now locks on almost instantly and also can receive a signal when the unit is indoors!!! Something it never ever did before. I have a TomTom at work and this always locks on instantly and always receives signals indoors. I would say that my iCN520 is now just as good. Fantastic!!!

I'm not sure if the software update from NavMan or if the rebuilding of the backup folder did the trick but whatever way, it worked.
stevea1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: icn 510 no nmea Reply with quote

thanks guys, took a bit of time but you chaps are BRILLIANT, now got my ICN510 working after following these links!

thanks again

Steve :D
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clogs wrote:
I have the same NEMA error message during satellite acquisition.

Lately I have found my lock-on time is longer than it was before I installed Service Pack 1. It might be my imagination but it seems to speed up acquisition if you bring up the satellite screen and watch what is happening during the lock-on process. It seems that because I'm taking an active interest in the satellites then Navman speeds up the process.

I thought it was just me, but prior to installing sp1 my lock on was 1 to 2 minutes, after it is 5 to 8 minutes. Is it possible to revert the system back to before sp1?
shughie
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shughie.
I too had the same problem as yourself and rnem170. Thought it was only me and that I had deleted the wrong file Embarassed.
Reinstalled as above and noticed during installation it asked 'do you want to upgrade to newer software'. I clicked on yes but maybe you could click on no. It means you have to go thru the hassle of deleting the back up again, Crying or Very sad but I don't know any other way Confused.
I'm not a Navman expert yet but learning loads off this forum.
Keep up the good work guys Thumbs Up

CJ
feety
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CeeJay"]Hi Shughie.
I too had the same problem as yourself and rnem170. Thought it was only me and that I had deleted the wrong file Embarassed.
Reinstalled as above and noticed during installation it asked 'do you want to upgrade to newer software'. I clicked on yes but maybe you could click on no. It means you have to go thru the hassle of deleting the back up again, Crying or Very sad but I don't know any other way Confused.
I'm not a Navman expert yet but learning loads off this forum.
Keep up the good work guys Thumbs Up

hi i loaded tom tom on my 520 did not like it so deleted it think i might have done somthing wrong could someone tell me how many folders and what they are when i explore in activesync thanks . stuart
Amence
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rnem170 wrote:
Nope - that didn't work. I just get a blue 'connect me to the PC' screen displayed - just as shugie got.

I did find a solution though.. (found by googling and got a hit from navman-europe forums from the google cache)

When you get the blue USB screen, Start, Programs, Navman, SmartST - follow all the prompts. At the registration prompt, select No (as it has been pre-registered). From Tools menu, select Recover Registration Information. It will connect to net. Fill in any screens (name/address etc). When Registration info is displayed, click next (no need to enter an application key). When it's complete, close SmartST Desktop, disconnect iCN and it will restart.

And that should let you get a GPS fix quicker? I'm sitting at about 10-15 mins stationary to get a fix, half an hour+ when moving. When i first received it, the wait was about 2 mins stationary and 5-6 when moving.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: