Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Sat nav device wanted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Sat nav device wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broggie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: New Sat nav device wanted Reply with quote

I've been driving around for the last couple of years using a Medion mdppc250 for sat nav. As a commercial driver I drive various size vans up to 7.5 tonne doing uk deliveries.

The old medion works really well, but its getting a little long in the tooth now and the cabling can be annoying. I tried the later mdpna175 but was really unimpressed.

The company gave the drivers navman icn610's, within 24 hours I'd given mine back as it was pretty crap.

I'm looking for a new sat nav, has to be portable for use in the various vans, easy to use, accurate and has to have reliable Gps locking (getting near to the destination and losing all the satellites can be a right pain). Needs to be quick to program...

Now I dont really need the bluetooth, but if it comes with that, well ok...

I've been leaning in the direction of the tom tom go series, or the tom tom one...

is it worth the extra money for something like the go 700

Your thoughts....

Ray.
peak1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

I'm also on the lookout for a new GPS and have been impressed by the Nuvi 350. It's a bit on the pricey side but seems to meet all your requirements, esp as it is Sirf III and therefore should be more accurate than ones such as the ICN610.

You can find more here:

http://www.garmin.com/uk/automotive/nuvi/nuvi350/

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: