Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSFORLESS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSFORLESS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terminator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops, shame I can't spell compliment !! - where's the edit button Laughing
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered by phone,2 off GPSlim236 Wireless GPS units on Thursday at 1pm and had arrived at 1pm Friday.. Very good service, even got a discount on postage :o

Hopefully I won't need tec help to get it running my a new smart phone but if I do, it sounds like I should be fine.

Keep up the good work
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what do you think of the smart phone compared to the PDA?
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will keep you posted re the smart phone, pick it up Saturday !!...

I'll put comments in a new thread so this one can carry on as is....

Phil
gamichea
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still researching my first GPS system and where to buy is one of the biggest issues. This thread has certainly encouraged me to put GPSfor less in the frame for my business when the time comes. Thanks guys.
stvme2519
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im fairly new to gps and i really depend on mine for work as im a truck driver i originall bought my basic 1710 pack from dixons ive had to replace the tomtom aerial and mount and case, and on both times i bought from gps they even let me go to house on both times as i needed on a NOW basis.......and to be honest not the dearest of items but they still were brillinat
ive never bought off a company so friendly and helpfull
when i need to replace my system there will be only one company i will be going to
if they choose to go on holiday move or even just chill out for how ever many of weeks then that is there right, the same right as i have to book holiday from work
to call them liars is over the top and unjust
gps carry on what you do best selling top notch gear with brilliant customer service
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stvme2519

Thankyou for taking the time to post your kind remarks. We appreciate all your support and look forward to offering Good quality products at affordable prices during 2006

Regards
Craig
jdwjdw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased my first gps unit a holux gpslim 236 from Craig at Gps for less. And let me tell you it was not easy picking a retailer to buy from. I have been reading every article from hundreds of sites on what and what not to do when buying over the internet. Price is important but for me after sales service is more important when buying hi tec goods. Basically it came down to a UK supplier with a reputation for dealing fairly with its customers. If ever there was an advert for there's no such thing as bad publicity then this is it. I only found Gps for less after reading this forum and after reading all the threads I contacted Craig to ask his advice on a few things and back came a prompt professional reply. My whole transaction from start to finish has been trouble free. And I will purchase all my gps needs from Craig in the future.
Gps for less hassle, Ian. :D
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian

Thankyou for your custom. We hope our advise was the correct choice for you. We do try and offer the best advise we can for our customers.

Regards
Craig
cross-keys
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdwjdw wrote:
I have just purchased my first gps unit a holux gpslim 236 from Craig at Gps for less.

I ordered the exact same item last Thursday afternoon - it arrived the following morning and has been excellent. Many thanks GPS for Less - hope to do business again!

Cheers,

Simon
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is cross-keys post the first to break the new rule?

If it is, it is quite ironic that since he has been a member since November last year, it is more likely to be genuine!
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:

If it is, it is quite ironic that since he has been a member since November last year, it is more likely to be genuine!

I don't think the new rule has been broken as such because the posting was made on the 10th January - just before the new rule came into place.

Back to topic however - I too feel I can only praise the service of Craig and the GPSforless people - My wife purchased a couple of items as little "stocking fillers" for me before Christmas - one of which was a USB chargers for mt TMobile MDA III, I received the present, opened it and popped the item in my work bag (as it would be for charging up at work I wanted the item).

Well, come the New Year and I was back at work and at this point I tried the lead and found the plug did not fit the MDA III Darn!! (or words to that effect) - I called GPSFL and spoke with Craig, he like myself was somewhat mystified, but sent me another lead by return of post, and told me not to bother sending the old one back (Nice of him but I would have done anyway as with a decent servicelike this I would not want him to be out of pocket) - Unfortunately the new lead was just the same as the first one and would not fit my PDA - I was/am very loathe to force it, it really didn't fit! Back on the phone to Craig who was disappointed that it didn't work, but immediately offered a refund and sent within minutes the appropriate RMA form.

OK I still have not got what I would like, but I don't blame Craig or GPSFL for this as the package itself says it fits the MDA III, unfortunately it doesn't, But I cannot fault the company for their reaction to the problem and their willingness to help.

I for one, will always use them as my default supplier of choice - shame that there is not really much I have planned ofr the near future, but there will be....

Best Wishes

Steve (yes Craig, if you are reading this - it's him again! :D )
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveg wrote:
neil01 wrote:

I don't think the new rule has been broken as such because the posting was made on the 10th January - just before the new rule came into place...

If that is the case, my appologies to cross-keys, I know that there have been problems with the time showing on the post, but I wasn't aware of a problem with the date. Perhaps someone should look at it again.

For information, the date I saw was 'Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:50 am' (which is after the rule change - the following day in fact) and I am posting this at 17:35 GMT also on 17th Jan. I can confirm that my time zone is set to GMT and that my clock is correct. It will be interesting to see what date/time is displayed.
craigdrbys
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thankyou all for your support and the time taken to compliment our company. Looks like the new rule is causing confusion but wont get caught up in that argument.

Regards
Craig
www.gpsforless.co.uk
cross-keys
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:

I'm not aware of a new rule - I'm very new to GPS and have been reading the forums for some time. I also don't believe in asking needless questions which have already been answered here many times before. I found out all I needed to know by reading the answers helpfully given to the questions of others before me. Is that not a good approach to have?

Having had my first system running less than a week, I haven't been able to contribute anything useful as yet - except to praise the service of a company I found out about from this very forum - who had my new GPS delivered less than 24h after ordering it.

Where have I gone wrong??

Simon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: