Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reverting to 5.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverting to 5.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reverting to 5.1 Reply with quote

Using my hp6515 and TTN5.2 the device is locked to the internal gps receiver. I have tried factory resetting to go through the motions of selecting my bluetooth receiver. No joy. I have heard this works with 5.1 but I can't download it from tomtom again as it just comes up with the 5.2 version. How can I get the 5.1 update?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your mail

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Lutz,

Install went ok but this did not solve my problem. I just don't understand, I can change devices at will with v5.0 but if i upgrade it locks me to the crappy internal receiver.

I wouldn't mind but with v5.0 if I turn tomtom off it turns my bluetooth off which cuts me off from the car kit.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a rock, a hard place, and you inbetween... Have you tried "Other Cable NMEA" ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't let me get that far. After upgrade I go into configure and instead of being greeted with tomtom wired/tt bluetooth/other wired etc I just get asked how I want lat/long to be displayed.

However if I revert to 5.0 it will let me configure correctly. I have tried soft/hard resets etc to no avail.
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are yoy saying that when you select the menu option "Change Preferences" then navigate to screen 4 of 6 and select "Show GPS status" instead of being shown the GPS status screen with the option to Configure, what you are actually being shown is the "Set Units Screen" from Screen 5 of 6 which has Distance units, Clock display and GPS position display instead?

If so, I'd suggest that your install had not gone correctly and you have an issue with it.

One possibility I thought of, but can't verify as I haven't done so myself, have you reconfigured your menus so that they display in a different order to the TomTom defaults?

I don't have any alternative GPS other than my TomTom wired, but I can happily select any of them from the Configure option.

Could this be a corrupted GPS driver?

Sorry for not having "answers" but only posing questions, but hopefully this may help point you in the direction of things to consider.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see the gps status screen but when you click configure you go straight to set units, missing out selecting your gps unit. it only happens with 5.1 or 5.2. With 5.0 you can chop and change at will. I have tried hard resetting the 6515 and achieve the same dilemma.
Zeena
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that its like this with 5.0

The 5.1 and 5.2 blocks your access to select GPS reciever!

I have tried everything now. One idea was to install the TomTom 3.07 driver and then remove it. Somebody at TomTom Support ment that this could do it.

Yes when starting only TomTom GPS (3.07) from the start-menu i can select and connect to the MkII antenna. But there are no difference in TomTom's 5.1 / 5.1 "Show GPS status". It will only pick the internal antenna.

With 5.0 everything works great and I can select TomTom Wireless. But the fix in 5.1 and 5.2 for 6515 was that you got access to the TomTom keyboard.

Maybee this have to be fixed in registry somehow? Disable the internal GPS reciever? I will look more into this tomorow.

When searching around the world i find a lot of people with the same dillema, - but no fix for this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: