Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot GPS Sleeve any good?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot GPS Sleeve any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Copilot GPS Sleeve any good? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an IPAQ 3950 and am thinking of getting a Copilot GPS Sleeve/Jacket. However, I have heard from many reviews that GPS sleeves are not reliable, loses sight of the satelites very often and takes a long time to start working. People have recommended NOT to buy the sleeves, especially the Navmans. Are the Copilot sleeves the same as Navman's? Which one should I get, if at all? By the way, I use Tomtom Navigator. Many thanks.
Francois
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Copilot GPS Sleeve any good? Reply with quote

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Any remarks from existing users of Navman or Copilot GPS jackets?

I am hoping to buy it soon. Thank you.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

francois, I cant comment on the copilot sleeve as i dont own one, they seem ok from what ive read in the past, but I can comment on the navman 3400 and the 3450 sleeves,
I feel sorry for navman at times because they have been sl*gged off a lot in the past (including from me) due to the performance of their sleeves, but I must say that something has been done to rectify the issues that the previous sleeve suffered from, the 3450 was launched, it is fantastic, i've had it for about a month with absolutely no complaints at all. unfortunately its hard to convince people that products are much improved when a bad reputation has already been given.

I would strongly recomend the 3450 sleeve simply because how many sleeves do you know that can give you a 6 sat fix inside your home and 3 metres from the window with the blindes drawn???

goodluck, choose wisely!
Francois
Occasional Visitor

Hi Onbashi,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will try to look for a Navman 2450 sleeve. Thanks again!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: