Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Struggling with POI Observer and Destinator PN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Struggling with POI Observer and Destinator PN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Struggling with POI Observer and Destinator PN Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am running Destinator PN, as it's the only Nav software I can run! I am in the UK, and it's the only (up to date) software which supports TMC, MN5 having removed it. Fingers crossed for an upgrade soon, in light of the RAC/Navigon news.

Anyway, I HATE Destinator's POI system as it is not very helpful for speedcams. I would rather have a system similar to POI Warner, which I used to use with my Navigon product (actually Medion Navigator). POI Observer seems to be a very similar product.

But I can't get the thing to work! I have downloaded the database from this illustrious site, and when I try to open it in Configurator+ I get a list of errors and a blank screen. I can't seem to get it to load into Configurator, so I don't have the required OBS file. I've seen a few threads relating to this, but can't seem to find the answer. Can anyone please please please please PLEASE help! Smile
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: POI Observer Reply with quote

Check out this thread

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29645
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'm on the verge of getting it all working now, primarily thanks to some very helpful emails support for a man in Austria! He's writing a manual and asked me to help him get the English correct for the English version, so hopefully fairly soon there will be a decent English version of the manual. Smile

It's not the most intuitive of programs, but when it's set up, it's pretty good!
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goshdarnit wrote:
Thanks for that. I'm on the verge of getting it all working now, primarily thanks to some very helpful emails support for a man in Austria! He's writing a manual and asked me to help him get the English correct for the English version, so hopefully fairly soon there will be a decent English version of the manual. Smile

It's not the most intuitive of programs, but when it's set up, it's pretty good!

Hopefully I'll do a better job than I did on that post! "email support from a man in Austria" would have made more sense!
roadsleeper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Goshdarnit,

here is the link for downloading our common manual:

http://www.navifriends.com/phpbbForum/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Just login and download the .rar-file.

Best regards, Peter.
Goshdarnit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadsleeper wrote:
Well Goshdarnit,

here is the link for downloading our common manual:

http://www.navifriends.com/phpbbForum/viewtopic.php?t=4435

Just login and download the .rar-file.

Best regards, Peter.

Laughing Out Loud! You just beat me to it Peter! I was just about to post that link, in case anyone found this post while struggling with their own setups!

Thanks again for all your help, hopefully the manual will make life easier for others. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: