Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - Problems updating maps and Smart ST 2005
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - Problems updating maps and Smart ST 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asp245
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Help - Problems updating maps and Smart ST 2005 Reply with quote

I have a icn 650 and have just bought the updated maps and Smart ST software. I updated the Smart ST 2005 with no problems, but having removed the old maps from the system I cannot get my computer and 650 to synchromise together in order for me to load the new maps.

I have tried reinstalling the Smart ST software on both the computer and icn but I am getting no where very fast !!!

Has anyone got any suggestions the air is turning a bit blue around here !
Sad
asp245
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have half solved the problem ! I have managed to install the maps but I am only getting motorways and major roads ( base maps ? ) even in the UK.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ? I need this for a trip to France in the New Year.

Cheers

ASP Question
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had a problem - I had not waited for the computer to find the ICN unit attached before completing the loading of the Version 3.5 software.
It all looked loaded and the maps appeared yellow on the Navman Desktop, but when you started the ICN unit, it simply showed the USB connection symbol.
I uninstalled the driver - and then reloaded the software on to the computer. I also had to reload the maps onto the SD memory card.
asp245
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a ( fingers crossed ) solved the problem though I was up until after midnight ! I noticed that when I restarted the system and the icn was going through it's boot up proceedure it was still showing that it was loading V3 maps, even though I had again removed all of the new maps from the system, the only maps on the icn at the time were the base maps. So, even though the booklet that accompaanies the disks makes nomention of it I removed all the base maps and reloaded them from the new disk. Hey presto problem solved and I am now reloading Europe as I type.

Regards

Adrian :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: