Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP6 bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP6 bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a new bug today. The kilometre option doesn't work - you can select kilometres but it defaults to miles. It's important that this is corrected, as I need km in France etc
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I am not getting the problem with the time being fixed at 1 mile per minute, although as mentioned in a previous post, for many journeys this is actually about right. In fact it was the exact figure I often used in my pre sat nav days for estimating long distance journeys which were not at peak times. It served me as an estimate very well too - more often than not, I arrived within 5-10 minutes of the estimate.

This 'bug' aside, reading through other posts, one thing that seems to be starting to become more and more obvious, is that we seem to have some who are affected by varous problems, and some who are not.

Obviously, some problems of these types can always be attributed to user error, but there are just too many people and problems with these anomolies. Apart from differences between versions for diferrent markets, which will no doubt also account for a percentage of these, I am starting to wonder if there are different versions on the CD's which have been sent out.

For the record, mine was direct from ALK earlier this month, and is the UK & Ireland vesion 6.0.0.68, does anyone have a different version?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil01 writes that his CP 6 version is 6.0.0.68 and asks if others are any different. Mine is the same as that on the Desktop PC, but 6.0.0.77 on the PPC.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know that Ponderous got his copy before me - he was posting about it some time before mine arrived.

The fact that his version is apparrently newer than mine, and the fact that mine, which came direct from ALK, was delayed because of a shortage of stock, it would be reasonable to expect that mine would be the later version.

Just what is going on here?

Two possibilities immediately spring to mind, poor stock control, and the possibility that they had to revert to a previous version because the latest version was worse.

We now have two UK versions, I wonder if we will find more?

We now certainly seem to have a possible explaination as to why some people seem to have a different set of problems to others. I would suggest that until we start to see patches appearing so that we can be sure that everyone is running the same version, we try to remember to say which sub-version we are using.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil01 writes of my CP 6 version that:

Quote:
... his version is apparrently newer than mine, ... which came direct from ALK, was delayed because of a shortage of stock

In view of the anomaly, perhaps I should add that mine too came direct from ALK.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
CrashBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1 mile per hour problem and version 6.0.0.68 on my ppc.

Crash
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine long after Ponderous, and it's 6.0.0.68 on the PPC.
Discovered yet another bug today..... Shortest route doesn't work, you can select Shortest, but after clicking OK and returning it has defaulted back to Quickest. Shortest does work on the PC version, but can produce some very odd results if you play with the road preferences (which don't work on my PPC either!). A route from Swansea to Peterborough, shortest, favouring dual carriageways more than motorways, sends you right up to the north west of England before looping down to Peterborough...about 150 miles extra!
Robin
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponderous, please look at your PMs
Robin
RGE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: CP6 bugs Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
When in planning mode, I have journey times numerically equal to distance in miles. There is obviously a coding fault. That probably explains why I had some daft ETAs when navigating
I didn't think you had to pay to be a beta tester!
Robin

I had this problem BUT i had been messing around a lot with settings. I've since done a full reinstall including deleting the copilot files from the windows directory and the problem is now fixed.
GregW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 6.0.0.68, and I got mine from Clove here in the UK.

I get the 1 mile/hour estimate bug too.

But the biggest pain is that the ETA function is just useless. I just get a countdown from 24 minites each time that resets - see thread elsewhere. I'm wondering if it is related to the 1mph bug?

I've reported this to ALK, giving more complete details.

I have never had a hang or a crash - I'm using a Loox 720. The only time I had to restart the app was when I hit "Detour" (which has worked well, on occasion getting me out of a literal jam), the "wait" symbol in the middle of the screen would not disappear. No detour was suggested, but the rest of the app worked. An exit & restart sorted things out. My guess is that a detour could not be computed for some reason, and that the path through the code in this circumstance missed removing the wait symbol.

Overall I'm pretty happy. I sometimes think the route finding favours fewer instructions. For example, I plotted a route from my house to Leicester Tigers rugby ground. It took me down the M1 to J21, then into Leicester that way. But if I forced it to exit at J22 and go down the A50, it gave me a route that was both shorter and quicker than the first route it suggested! It simply had a few more turns.
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed in CP6 that when you scroll through a menu such as a list of POI, the scroll bar sometimes appears, but other times it doesn't. I noticed this a few times. Its annoying if you want to select an option in the POI, like zoo, for example. You have to sit there with your stylus on the arrow down button for a minute whilst it scrolls to the bottom.

Also, when Im changing the distance on POI Alerts for "Report POIs this far ahead" I have to tap the arrow down button to 'increase' the distance, rather than the other way around. I would presume that up was to 'up' the distance!
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed the problem Steve101 quotes, however I have noticed a definate improvement in both speed and resistance to crashing, if there are no stops present in the 'Going To...' screen before you access any of the Settings screens.

As to the arrows being the 'wrong way around' yes - and I don't think that it is the only place!
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got version 6.0.0.68 on the ppc and saw the eta countdown problem yesterday for the first time also have my own postcode about 5 miles out. I've also reported that in 3D display mode the 0.5 mile markers are wildly out at times. On leaving Kidderminster for Bridgnorth on the A442 the audio report is that the journey is 11.6 miles and the little display in the top left also shows this but the mile markers on the display show over 12 miles to go. Also on a long run eg 40/50 miles between motorway junctions the mile markers disappear after about 20 miles.

I've raised all these as bug reports.
Cheers
Phil
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with version 6.0.0.77, to see if it has the "kilometres not sticking" problem reported by Robin2 at the very beginning of the thread. This seems to be the situation:

Arrow Kilometres do stick, but only in Guidance mode. In Planning mode, it is Miles only.
Arrow Even in Guidance mode, the Settings show Miles whether the actual navigation is in Miles or Kilometres.

It may have been reported elsewhere, but CP 6 frequently crashes when the settings (not just miles/kilometres) are being changed.

I think that sufficient bugs in CP 6 have now appeared to make a patch very urgent. The patch needs to materialise very shortly if there is to be any confidence that, with this version, the matter is being taken seriously.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been comparing notes with some other CP 6 users over the past few days and we have found that CP 6.0.0.68 and CP 6.0.0.77 may be one in the same.

I have now got v.6.0.0.68 on my PPC after re-installing from the very same set of disks that previously produced v6.0.0.77. I hasten to add that I took a backup before re-installing, and I restored it to check the version. Others have also witnessed the anomaly, so there is no question of any forgetfulness or confusion on this occasion.

The anomaly coupled with the intermittency of manifestation of some bugs makes it difficult to assess what is happening with which release of CP 6. The issue of a patch is therefore all the more urgent. When that is available, at least we will all be able to compare like with like.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: