Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5.210 intermittant hang
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5.210 intermittant hang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: TT5.210 intermittant hang Reply with quote

I have an iPAQ rx3715 and TT5 BT MkII receiver.
I bought the package with the BT receiver and TT5 and unpgraded to TT5.210 immediately.
I have in intermittant problem where after starting TT the whole PPC will hang. I've no scientific proof for this but it 'seems' to be around the time that TT starts the BT device on the iPAQ. The only way out of this is a reset using the conveniently placed reset button at the bottom of the iPAQ.

Also occasionaly (after a reset) the iPAQ looses the pairing with the BT device and I have to set it up again.
The iPAQ works fine with other BT devices and has not had to be reset in 3 months but since installing TT5, has had at least 6 resets.

Has anyone got any ideas on this one please? I have a question outstanding with TT on this so if they update me with a fix before anyone suggests one then I'll add the details here.
Filler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: tt5 hanging Reply with quote

i have a post regarding this issue, further down in the forum, but as yet no replires

Blackberry Storm
iphone 3gs

Kenwood 5520bt with garmin built in
TT wired GPS - Rikaline Bluetooth 6030 GPS - CF307 CF card GPS - 512mb sd card - sprite full updated, and tt3 , 3.07. 256mb CF card - Win XP SP2 upgrad
dsuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realised that when TT5 had ung, if I powered off and back on, the device would restart in a ung state but I would be able to access the settings panel. By doing this I was able to kill any other running programs and TT5 then started to work immediately. It looks ilke it may be related to system resource availbility.

At the end of every day I now close all running prorams and TT5 works fine every time.
emcclem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded to 5.21...and when starting TT it hangs....the screen is frozen but the button prompts enable me to use other functions. TT is shown as an active program but is frozen...reverting back to 5.1
crazybones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, on my Ipaq 4150 with TT5. So last night, I did a hard reset and installed 5.21 directly rather than as an upgrade to the previous 5.1 installation. So far so good.

I'll let you know how I get on.
emcclem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've determined the cause of my problem.

Regressed to 5.1 but had the same problem.

Switched SD cards and voila TT is happy again.

I had gotten a new 1GB SD Card a few weeks back....the card is fine with other apps but TT doesn't seem to like even though it was working for a couple of weeks....I'd expect it to report that it can't see the maps as opposed to hanging.
Rudidudi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been experiencing the same problem with a new 1Gig sd card. the old 512 seems to work fine but despite the 1 gig card haing worked for a couple of weeks it has started playing up and the route freezes, along with the 4150. if i temporarily eject the sd card then TT5 puts me back in the correct location... but it freezes a little time later.

have formated 1 gig card to no avail. might try the 512 again to see what happens.

anyone else had similar?
dsuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: System Resources Reply with quote

I can pretty much have a reliable TT5 system but making sure I close ALL other programs from memory first. If I open calendar and then close it, then open TT5 it hangs. By going into control panel and removing the calendar program from memory then starting TT5 all works great.
I had 2 lots of 4 hours out of it the other day.

Unfortunately after the 2nd period of 4 hours the iPAQ screen went white and turning off and on didn't get me anywhere. I had to resort to the reset button. Normally a quick 1 second push will reset the device but on this occasion a 1 second spush reset the whole thing to factory defaults.

Believe me - realigning the screen and setting up time zones on the motorway isn't a nice expereince. Luckily the services were 2 miles away!

I lost all my calendar entries. It was just like pulling th eiPAQ out of the box. Luckily - because TT5 is installed on the memory card that still worked! I just had to start the program manually rather than via the programs menu.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: