Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Md95900 Files, be gentle please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Md95900 Files, be gentle please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Md95900 Files, be gentle please Reply with quote

1st post so please be gentle with me :D

I'm having problems with my aldi's PNA 2000s. 1st i couldn't get it to take with my PC, sorted now, NAV would have it. that's done and i can now get into the PNA.

6 months ago i was having problems with the PNA in that it would send me right on a motorway 8O or tell me i have 3000 mile to my destination 8O the unit was sent back to them and all they did was update a firmware update 1st time, this didn't sort it, so it went back this time that did an other update to something else bios i think it was, but don't quote me on that.

anyway, that have had is back 3 times and a total of 14 weeks. still not right but they say its fine Crying or Very sad

i have searched and searched and come up here :D . i started to back up the PNA and have taken the card out as i have the same ones for my camera.
what I'm after is a little help or answers please.

as i said earlier i have now, at last married the PC/pna together, and tried to back up the PNA files, it starts to do it but the comes up with 3 files that cant be copied and closes the copying.
can someone please be good enough to tell me what files should be on the pna.
what i have on there is:-

Application Data.
MEDION.
My Documents.
My Flash Disk.
profiles.
Program Files.
Storage Card.
Temp.
Windows.
Control Panel.

i have a strange feeling that i have add a few files, by accident Confused , when i was trying to get the PC and pna to shake hands Crying or Very sad
my doc, program files, windows, temp and control panel seam to ring a bell in that i have added them by synchronizing the two together. SORRY!!!

i have 3 disc that came with the pna with loads of files on there so i don't know if i can strip them out and star again.

i was thinking of trying to add Tt5 to it instead but i think this might be a bit much for me, unless you are all patient types and going to help me sort it.

on! and sorry about my spelling, i have a problem with that :D

thanks ladies and gents for and help you can offer.

All the best.
Phil.
UK
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been over the files and looked around on the web and all seams ok.
however! i thought i would put the POI-warner software in so i started to copy the instuctions on another post, only to find that i couldnt get the files over to the pna, they wouldnt store on it.
i left it and went out to do xmas shopping, when i came back i had a splash screen on my PC.

i havent downloaded anything for a while on my pc so im taking it that it cme from one of the files i downloaded for the pna, only one i opened was the 150e file. i ended up spending 2 days trying to remove spysheriff. well not inpressed.

have i done something wrong?? it the madion to tomtom a wind-up?
i dont know, hope someone will reply to this post.

i came asking for help and left with the sheriff Laughing sorted that out but i need to know where im going wrong with my 95900.

anyone going to give a little help PLEASE Wink

All the best.
Phil.
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i have got the pna into a pda. i was hard resetting instead of pressing the stylus pin into the little hole ontop that says RESET. D'OH!

so can someone point me into the right place so i can add speed camaras/POI or tom tom. and where do i put them.

im well cuffed with myself for how far i have got. :D :D
activeviii
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99 views and no replies!!!

whats going on. is this a forum of a news paper.

someone askes for a little help and all you get is leaches.

remember people, you was niave once and didnt know howtos or is that all for gotten now and your to good to help people out Evil or Very Mad

sorry to the helpers but to the others, i have to say it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: