Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPRS / Voice Bluetooth 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPRS / Voice Bluetooth 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pommie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: GPRS / Voice Bluetooth 700 Reply with quote

Hi

I have a TTGo 700 and a Motorola V3

I can connect using bluetooth, but if I let the phone connect so I can use voice the traffic update fails with a message to check the phone connection.

If I go into settings on the phone and drop the connection to the 700 and then immediately select traffic update it works OK (well except for Friday at 5p.m. when it resolutely refused to update - is this normal at busy times?)

The phone will then re-pair automatically and the only way to update traffic is to drop the connection again - not something I want to try doing while driving as it needs a good dozen key presses and a fair amount of concentration! Wink

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this or is it just something I have to live with?

Thanks in advance

John
paul_marsden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pommie,

I have the same set up and the same problem. I have yet to find a solution but i first off connect my phone via bluetoooth and then after the 1st update connect again. I think its 3 screen presses, Main screen, conect to phone, yes.

Bit of a pain but as I'm not sure where the fault lies, Moto or Tomtom.

Sorry i can't be of any more help.

Anyone else?
Pommie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

At least it's good to know I am not alone then!

I know that seetting the phone back to voice after traffic is quite easy (the 3 presses). The problem is more with being able to get a traffic update whilst you are driving.

It's actually 10 presses on the phone to drop the bluetooth voice connection (just counted) so that the GPRS traffic update can go through, which isn't really practical. I wonder if there is a way to assign to a short cut key.

The point of traffic is presumably to warn of accidents ahead and not to ensure that you end up in the central reservation yourself. Laughing

J
PWSki
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the same but similar..

If I use tomtom traffic to update via gprs on my motorola v3 it works fine, if I get in the car the phone connects to the parrot 3100 car kit via bluetooth, so when the pda trys to use gprs to update traffic it fails as the phone seems to only support one bluetooth connection.

Unless I can find a solution, it might be the common factor, the motorola v3 only able to make a bluetooth connection to one device at a time.
paul_marsden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys sorry to hear that youare having trouble to pwski.

Yes its 2:10 and guess what can't update traffic. Weird thing is switch on tomtom tonight got a traffic update straight away. Since then nothing. Server down? Why can't tt have a server status message on there site.
PWski i think that pommie and myself are only trying to connect to one device the tt.

The search continues................
Pommie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - just want to be able to get traffic AND talk as advertised on the Tom Tom web site.

Apparently my phone is compatible with

TomTom PLUS
Hands-free calling
Receive SMS
Contacts list

I checked that it was compatible before shelling out £500 on my 700.

they don't say that you have to choose between Tom Tom Traffic and Hands Free Calling

Also, I couldn't connect to traffic at all during my 90 minute journey tonight - tried about 12 times but just got the irritating "check your phone connection message". Out of 5 major journeys in the two weeks I have had the 700 I have been unable to connectat all on two of them, both during peak periods, on one it took several attempts, and on the other 2 it has not warned me of real jams and has warned me of several that did not in fact exist. The 2 miles of roadworks on the M55 extend about 4 miles past where they actually finish according to TomTom Traffic.

Pretty poor stuff IMHO

I am particularly disappointed as I bought the 700 so that I could have both a handsfree connection and a reliable traffic info service.

Time to have a little chat with customer services at PC world I think.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: