Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please Help - i feel inadequate TTN5 and Bluetooth on Vario
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help - i feel inadequate TTN5 and Bluetooth on Vario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peanutome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Please Help - i feel inadequate TTN5 and Bluetooth on Vario Reply with quote

Have just changed my phone to a T-Mobile Vario and now i cannot get TTN5 to see my Bluetooth GPS. Have spent the last two hours reading this forum and cannot figure it out. I can pair with the GPS, (BT GPS), but TTN5 will not see it. When i pair should i pick Serial Port as 'Select service to use from this device'?
Under Com Ports when i pair i am only ever offered 6 and 7 as either incoming or outgoing and my TTN5 in 'Other Bluetooth GPS' only offers Com9, Infradred Port, Com3, Com0, Com2 and Serial Port. So not the ones i can select for Bluetooth. I have tried, well i think i did it right, to select Other Cable NMEA GPS but it still did not work.

Can anybody please give me instructions or pointers to try to fix this.

P.S. it is probably obviuos but i am not particularily good at this so simple instructions would be best!!

David
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to select the SSP mode when you are configuring the BT, in tomtom you need to select the out going port, either use other BT device or other cabled NMEA device - Mike
peanutome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: What do you mean ssp mode? Reply with quote

When configuring Bluetooth i only get the option of Serial Port on or off on the Vario and for Com ports i only get a choice of 6 or 7. Can you explain where to look.

David
peanutome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Also forgot to say Reply with quote

In TTN5 do not get offered to connect on Com 6 or 7, which is all the Vario offers, instead TTN5 only offers Com9, Infradred Port, Com3, Com0, Com2 or Serial Port.
SmartAss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanutome,

I have recently bought an MDA Vario and tried installing my copy of TTN5.
The software went on OK but wouldn't link to the BT GPS receiver using the old "Other Wired NMEA Device" and selecting the BT Port.

Since throwing in the towel and purchasing a legal (!) copy, I am up and running. The following may help if your copy is legit. If not, try anyway...

In Comm Manager, BT Settings, create a new Device partnership with your BT receiver. Create both Incoming and Outgoing COM ports.

Launch TTN5 and go into the GPS configuration.
Specify "Other Bluetooth GPS". You will now either get a message saying to pair your device and no further configuration options or, like me, you will be able to specify the COM port you set up in Comm Manager. Once I did that, all worked fine....

If you don't get the option to specify a COM port under "Other Bluetooth GPS" then you need update 5.21 from TomTom (http://www.tomtom.com/updates/navupd521.exe) which you can only install if you have a valid, legitimate copy of TTN5.

I didn't. Have now. Upgrade from 2 to 5 cost me 48 quid...

"An honest day's pay for an honest day's work...."

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: