Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MD96800 Anyother Names for this?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MD96800 Anyother Names for this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueCharger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Medion MD96800 Anyother Names for this? Reply with quote

Hi to ALL Smile
I'm new to this! Though did have have a MD95900 with POI-Warner until the unit had problems, now have the MD96800 as a replacement, it's so differant to the 95900.
Question I'm seeking help on How to install the POI-Warner, (subscription has been paid for) and anything else that's HELPFUL to get the max value from it.
Also what other names does this MD96800 go by?

Exclamation I have noticed that this unit will take a rather wierd route to some LOCAL destinations, planning a Short route to a destination on (2) two occassions it ADDED 2 & 3 miles to the trip/route that was planned, even though there was no problems with the KNOWN shortest route!! It also gives directions as bear right or left Instead of Turn R or L & Turn L or R at the Junction which is actually a Bend in the road!!!
Having phoned Medion in the past for help is OUT of the question, on hold for 25 mins before gettting to speak to anybody, then to!!! can only be discribed as a painfull waste of time & costly experiance I'm not willing to go through again.
Any Help Please
Gwyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Medion 95000 and this two will say bear left/turn left/right in the circumstances that you refer to. I have always put it down to how the roads 'look' on an actual map. I soon got used to it though and am able to interperate? the instructions as they should have been. The more you use the machine the more you are able to understand its 'directions'.
sabre2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Medion MD96800 Anyother Names for this? Reply with quote

BlueCharger wrote:

Also what other names does this MD96800 go by?

'MDPNA250' or just 'PNA250'. If that's what you mean.

I installed POI-warner on mine - just ran the setup on the PC (with the device connected, of course) and there it was.

It's very straightforward to 'hack', giving you access to the underlying OS, allowing you to install other apps. Pretty much follow the instructions for the PNA150 - there's an 11 page thread on GPSPassion about it. I have OziCE and GPSSpeedSentry running on mine, for a larf, plus a better MP3 player.

Lots out there.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: