Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - take care changing your ppc.... you might be stuffed! help!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

take care changing your ppc.... you might be stuffed! help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: take care changing your ppc.... you might be stuffed! help!! Reply with quote

ok my ppc has recently suffered a smashed screen. clearly i need to replace it. i only WANT TO HAVE ONE LICENCE but theres no way that i can uninstall the prog from one ppc to put it onto another. surely under these circumstances the software can be transferred? (annoyingly ive only just paid for the upgrade at the same time the old ppc died. fuming). any ideas anybody?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you could activate your software twice
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twice in total or twice on two different ppc's? owing an ipaq 3970 previously i will have installed more than once onto that (with the battery flattening on that everything was wiped and required reinstalling but other than that hassle there were no other problems). now i need to install it onto my new imate i get "MFC application error" on installation. its really rather annoying bearing in mind ive paid for upgrade after upgrade from version 2 through til 5 to find this. surely tomtom could send a patch out to registered users like myself to "release" the software to allow its installation onto a new ppc. i cant be the first with this problem otherwise we would all have to keep our hardware forever!
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided that you have only activated the software once and that was longer than a week ago you should have no problem activating it on a new PPC. If it has been activated more than once than you have to wait another 6 months to move it again.
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstalling onto the same device does not count as a second activation.
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its definately only been installed onto one ppc previously ...... yet simply doesnt install onto the new ppc now. its as simple as that. ive even tried syncing the ppc from 2 different pcs but to no avail.
i have been persevering..... http://www.tomtom.com/support/category.php?ID=3&Language=1&query=new+pocketpc&FID=87 ive looked at this part of the website on tomtom and although i dont have a repaired ppc it would appear to be the same thing...... so it looks like ill be faxing the netherlands with an invoice for the new ppc and my product codes for ttn2-5.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your fiusrt activation was on the 39xx series the second was on the 4700 and the activation your trying to do counts as the 3rd andcan only be done 6 months after the 2nd activation anyther activations after these are at months intervals to allow for ppc ugrades

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though you are talking about some sort of problem with the actual installation, and are not getting as far as the point at which you have to activate it. Is the imate actually compatible with TT Navigator which you ran on the iPaq, or does it need TT Mobile?
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - ive never owned a "4700".
the imate kjam is just a pocketpc. it runs memorymap perfectly well and is listed as being compatible on various sites such as http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6292.htm
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry that was my fault for wm2005 which the kam runs you need to install from the sdc ard go the 2577 file there should be three cab file in there tap each one to install navigator 5 if you don't have a 2577 file then extract the cabs fil from the installer and copy the cab files to the sd card then as above tap each to execute and you need to instsall the 5.1 update or the new 5.2 update skip the disk install

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry m8........ but all this means little to nothing to me!
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive read....and re-read (no wiser).
are you saying install from an sd card? how?
ive always instlled from the ttn2 disk and from there installed the ttn3 upgrade, again from a disk. ttn5 upgrade is also on disk
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you aren't getting as far as the activation code screen then it's nothing to do with your licence. There is obviously some problem with the installation itself.
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have definately been asked for the code - after that i get the MFC application error
iangus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.... ive just got off the phone after speaking to tomtom (who may i add was one of the most pleasant/patient/helpful helpline people ive ever spoken to). although im not at home at the mo ive been advised to download the windows mobile update 5.2 from the tomtom site. with the kjam being so new its not tested but it is thought that this will fix my problem. time.....will tell.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: