Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ output to car audio
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ output to car audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: IPAQ output to car audio Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. yay!

Just bought an IPAQ 3970 and the Emtac bluetooth GPS and am using TomTom Navigator 2. Am happy with results so far, apart from it suggesting I go through Maidstone to get to Dover even though I was already on the M25 and could see signs to Dover?

Anyway, my query is this: Can I output my IPAQ's audio to my Sony MD headunit using the headunit's telephone attenuation function? I'd like the headunit to mute (or reduce volume of current source) when a voice instruction is given from TomTom on the IPAQ. The volume (and quality) of the IPAQ's internal speaker isn't good enough when I've got my tunes up loud! Any suggestions/advice welcomed!

Cheers,
__dg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: IPAQ output to car audio Reply with quote

I can't help with the connection to the MD, but I am looking to do this, and have thought of using the radio mute harness from my mobile handsfree unit.

Its just a thought at the moment as it seems like the two should work.

It may take me a few weeks to get around to trying it though.

dg
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I've posted previously on doing this in this thread and this other thread.

I remain unconvinced that attempting to use the phone input is the right way ahead and haven't bothered to develop the 'glue' circuitry. The problem is, at least on my head unit, the lag between asserting the phone mute and the audio being routed to the speakers. I'm pretty sure I'd lose the beginning of each command, making such a setup useless.

On the other hand, if you keep the phone mute permanently asserted, you've lost the use of the stereo.

The received wisdom is that FM modulators are illegal - but would an amplifier and speaker device help?

David
paulmk
Occasional Visitor

I am considering purchasing an ipaq gps solution and was wondering if you managed to output the ipaq sound through the car stereo could you listen to your MP3's on the ipaq while also using it to navigation. Thereby when the voice comes on for new directions it would overlay the mp3 sound being played.

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: