Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP Ipaq 2210 Bluetooth Modem Problem with SonyEricsson V600i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Ipaq 2210 Bluetooth Modem Problem with SonyEricsson V600i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashleey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: HP Ipaq 2210 Bluetooth Modem Problem with SonyEricsson V600i Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble accessing the internet functions of TTN5.10 with a bluetooth link to their GPRS mobile phone?

I can get it working via Irda but not bluetooth so my operator settings are fine.

I have paired and exchanged files between the Ipaq2210 and the phone so the bluetooth link is fine.

I have got my PC to use the phone as a bluetooth modem so the phone is fine.

For some reason the message "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..." appears after the Ipaq connects to the phone and begins dialling, i.e. the bluetooth link seems to drop. This has happened with 2 types of phone and the functionality used to work with an earlier phone of mine with TTN3.

I wonder could it have anything to do with TTN5.10 and its use of the bluetooth stack?

Anyone have any ideas please?
ashleey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: HP Ipaq 2210 Bluetooth Modem Problem with SonyEricsson V600i Reply with quote

Answered my own question by finding a link on a Geekzone.nz forum:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=6&TopicId=2403

The initialization string is the key for anyone having modem problems with an Ipaq. It isn't a Tom Tom or phone fault. It seems like the usual Microsoft complications.
stevekdavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: similar issue Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with my K600i on Orange. Basically the pda was connecting but never dialling. After numerous calls to orange and lots of different initialisation strings I tried a 'z' as the initialisation string.

That was it, it works. For those that don't know atz forces the modem to initialise before the next command (your dial command)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: