Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom5 on MEDION MD95900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom5 on MEDION MD95900
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I installed TomTom I did it all from the installer program on the PC. i.e: established a connection with Activesink, ran the tomtom installer on the PC, choose "TomTom 5 for pocket PC" and followed the instructions. I used the installer to transfer the maps as well.

whatabody - are you referring to the GPS status screen which shows the signal strength bars for the received sateliites? This screen works fine.

The software as a whole seems to work really well on the MD95900 - the only slight 'glitch' that I've encountered (on my unit and also a friends) is that when you first run TomTom it illuminates the buttons on the right hand side of the unit and they stay on (if you press one of the buttons then the lights will turn off after a few seconds - as they should, otherwise they'll remain lit). It's not a problem really unless you're running on batteries (in which case you only have to press one of the buttons to turn off the lights).
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Mavis wrote:
Hi,

established a connection with Activesink,

Silly me!, I meant to say ActiveSync.

So yeah, johnnyboy146, I reckon that you should run setup.exe on the PC with the Medion already connected via ActiveSync.

Hope this helps.
whatabody
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i was on about the sat bars on the screen when the maps are on
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh them! I'd never really noticed those before.

No, they don't appear to work.
shaunokeefe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I extract the ttn5 CAB when im wanting to install the update there are 4 files inside.

0000data.002
0CESetup.999
BASELP~1.000
TOMTOM~1.001

Any idea's ?
fortyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: tom tom install Reply with quote

Do you delete any of the medion programs to get this thing to work? And what dll did you replace? I'm having trouble trying to start the tom tom programs.
Dark_Mavis wrote:
I've managed to TomTom 5 running on a Medion MD95900 / 200 (from Aldi) - here are the steps that worked for me.

(1) Did the hack (as described here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24107 )

(2) downloaded and extracted 'pack.dll' and 'packdllxania' and copied all the DLLs to the \Windows directory on the Medion (I don't know if this step is essential)

(3) Installed TOMTOM 5 for Pocket PC

(4) Went to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9879b0e-4ef1-4049-9c61-e758933d84c4&DisplayLang=en and downloaded 'Pocket PC GAPI 1.2' - extracted the ZIP (on PC) and in it I found ARM\GX.dll. Copied this dll to \Windows on the Medion (and replaced the GX.dll that was installed in the previous step)

(*) I had also installed NAVMANICN510.EXE from here http://www.expansys.fr/forumthread.asp?code=NAVMAN_ICN_510_FR&thread=4 but I don't think that is required for TomTom to work.

The key is getting the right GX.dll.

Good luck
bertie_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed these instructions about a month ago and got it all working (sorry for the late response)

For those who may need the pack dll's in part (2) i have them on my site at http://www.bertouche.com/hosting/packdllxania.zip

To extract the exe in part (4) you might need winrar or similar.

The NAV... in (*) is not required.

Only problem I have is that it takes numerous presses of the power button to come on :-?

Bertie
skankit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Well I have read this post with interest, then tried the above. Wink
I have a MD95900 (200S) I managed to install TT5 with what seemed no problems, however I get No GPS device showing all the time.

Have I missed something?
It appears to be functioning well enough apart from this slight hitch Rolling Eyes
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skankit

Have you got the correct GPS hardware selected in the TomTom settings?

To check, go to "Change Preferences" -> "Show GPS status" -> "Configure"

It should be set to:

"other Cable NMEA GPS"
with a Baud rate of "4800"
and "GPS on serial port 2"
Dark_Mavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fortyb

Apologies for the delay in replying.

You don't need to delete any of the Medion programs for TomTom to work (you can keep the Medion Navigator and the MP3 player).

The important DLL is the GX.DLL found in the "Pocket PC GAPI 1.2" download - step (4). The 'pack.dll' and 'packdllxania' zips also contain a GX.DLL but it is not the correct one for TomTom to work - therefore, I'd recommend that step (4) is done last.

(it seems to me that the Medion Navigator runs better with this GX.DLL in place too)[/quote]
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaunokeefe wrote:
When I extract the ttn5 CAB when im wanting to install the update there are 4 files inside.

0000data.002
0CESetup.999
BASELP~1.000
TOMTOM~1.001

Any idea's ?

rename

0000data.002 to data.chk and
TOMTOM~1.001 to TomTom Navigator.exe

and copy these files over. That's all you need (ok, you need at least one voice too, and of course the maps)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
peter_martin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Also works on MPDNA220 Reply with quote

I've just followed the above instructions on a 220 purchased from Toy's R Us and it works without problems.

However, to make the screen work correctly, you must completely delete the GX.DLL from the \windows directory.

Pete
bolerules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Problem too Reply with quote

Hi friends...I got a problem too...

So, I have MD 96800. GPS works fine with maps and software that came with it.

One cd is named as Smarthpath Trip and the other is Smarthpath City.

It is the software from NAVMAN i believe and there is lots of maps...so i would like to install it to use that maps...but...

Im new in this so i will most likely ask a stupid questions...

Well, when i insert cd the app starts...I have several options like...Install Smarthpath Trip, Install GPS support...Add Map...etc.

I have installed the Smarthpath Trip and GPS Support. MD 96800 aske me where to install...to be correct i have installed it in deafult directory. Installation goes smooth...no reports of errors...but...!!!

When i try to start the Smarthpath GPS it says this...
"Cannot find `TOMTOM GPS` (or one of its components).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required liraries are available."

Same thing is when i try to start Smarthpath Trip to view the maps.

Help please,
Bolerules.
bolerules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

It is the software from NAVMAN i believe and there is lots of maps...so i would like to install it to use that maps...but...

Well, when i insert cd the app starts...I have several options like...Install Smarthpath Trip, Install GPS support...Add Map...etc.

I have installed the Smarthpath Trip and GPS Support. MD 96800 aske me where to install...to be correct i have installed it in deafult directory. Installation goes smooth...no reports of errors...but...!!!

"Cannot find `TOMTOM GPS` (or one of its components).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required liraries are available."

Help please,
Bolerules.
bolerules
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

Help please,
Bolerules.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: