Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinaisid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this sound fine - but a quick question before I throw my warranty to the winds :D :D

I'd like to run Oziexplorer CE on the unlocked 520. Is the GPS data stream available to add on software Question Question

If it is I'll take the plunge Exclamation Exclamation
JChew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius55 wrote:
Pau1C wrote:
Paulius55 or Humpadilly,
Could either please give us a blow by blow account of how you did it in English Please and what happens when you switch unit on and off.

The Old brain cells are a bit slow.... Sorry

Thanx in advance

All I did was follow the instructions that came with the original post. One key point is that you copy files from PC explorer to Navman by using the Explore option in AtiveSync. Just drag files from one to another. You have to do this as the PC explorer cannot explore the Navman. If you switch the unit off with the normal on/off switch on the front it comes back to whatever you were doing last, as that is a type of low power standby. If you switch the battery off, or press the reset button, it goes to the new menu, with Navman, MP3 player, Calculator, Explorer etc. Navman is totally unaffected, but to get to WinCE when in Navman you have to press the reset button.

Can someone please help me with process.

I tried to follow the instructions posted, but it either isn't clear or doesn't make sense to me.
Line#5, there is no directory call \Pocket PC, but there is a directory called \Program Files.
Line#6, what is \\Pocket PC? I figured it was a translation problem and decided to install the files in \Program Files and \Windows respectively.
Line#7, when I ran Registry Workshop, I could not even see the Mobile Device using this application. Nor could I find the registry file anywhere on the device. Interestingly, the Explorer find file function is unable to search the icn510 for files. I manually looked through every file on the device without luck.

I am using XP Pro, SP1

Thanks so much.

POSTED INSTRUCTIONS -
Hier is some install expl.":
1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack
3. get conection Navman-PC
4. start program NAVMANICN510.EXE and install that on your Navman
5. copy all unpacked dir (4) to the \Pocket PC\Program Files
6. copy PocketPC.exe to \\Pocket PC\Windows
7. Install prog. Registry Workshop, start it end go to File-Open pocket pc registry
8. go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then INIT and change LAUNCH80 key(double click) to pocketpc.exe
9. unplug your USB from Navman. The app. going to restart en vala, you get a menu
DunRomin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does work however whenever you soft reset the unit it will uninstall itself... that besides:

The confusion does lie in the instruction; it should read;

1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC
3. Get the conection to your Navman unit
4. start program NAVMANICN510.EXE and install
5. copy all unpacked dirs (4) to the Program Files of your Navman
6. copy PocketPC.exe to Windows of your Navman
7. Install prog Registry Workshop onto your PC, start it end go to File-Open pocket pc registry
8. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then INIT and change LAUNCH80 key(double click) to pocketpc.exe
9. unplug your USB from Navman. The unit will restart en voila, you get a menu (his menu).

Hope this helps

Laughing
JChew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your instructions are clear. However, I still cannot find the registry file. What is the file name? What directory is it located under?

Thanks.

DunRomin wrote:
It does work however whenever you soft reset the unit it will uninstall itself... that besides:

1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC
7. Install prog Registry Workshop onto your PC, start it end go to File-Open pocket pc registry
8. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then INIT and change LAUNCH80 key(double click) to pocketpc.exe
9. unplug your USB from Navman. The unit will restart en voila, you get a menu (his menu).

Hope this helps

Laughing
JChew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked everywhere for the registry file - both on the Navman and on the SD card. None of the registry editing programs will even see the icn510 device. However, it shows up on Windows explorer as a mobile device. Can someone who has sucessfully tried it please tell me what application they used, where they found the registry file and what the file name was.

I am running XP SP2.

Thanks.

JChew wrote:
Your instructions are clear. However, I still cannot find the registry file. What is the file name? What directory is it located under?

Thanks.

DunRomin wrote:

1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC

Hope this helps

Laughing
Team225
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tomtom CD which came with my other tomtom and I have a NAVMAN 510.

I got the Alexs stuff working fine and am very grateful. Well done.

Question is, how do I get the tomtom software to work on the navman.

What files do i have to copy over and into which directories, I have a large SD card ready with all the tomtom maps on there.

Please can someone advice, many thanks.
Team225
Team225
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also how does one get from the NAVMAN Maps back to the startup screen without resetting?
Springer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has someone tried this on the USA version of the 510? There is so much great info at this site but I am not sure how different my version is from the Europe version. I know the CD software is different but I'm not sure why.
UpAllNight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springer wrote:
Has someone tried this on the USA version of the 510? There is so much great info at this site but I am not sure how different my version is from the Europe version. I know the CD software is different but I'm not sure why.

Works fine on the US version. I have TT5 running right now :D
gazz155a
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Hi, i have got a navman 510 which is running the last software and i have just tried the installation to the letter. I have checked in the program files and it shows the install but nothing has happened to the navman. I am totally confused.
Please help.
Gazz155a
Springer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried this and had some issues. First the applications don't fit the screen well. For example I tried the calc and got the window to save the current profile. I could not close or tap OK. They are off the right side of the screen. Is there any way to adjust this?

Since I could not close the screen I had to power off using the main switch. On power up it bootest to the normal SmartST. I pressed reset to get the menu back but no luck. It just restarted.

I noticed after the first power off it was restoring from a backup image. Did they add some safety to the unit by checking for changes and if found it reloads a backup copy?

I want to get this functioning but it seems very limited right now.

Any advice???
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springer wrote:
Tried this and had some issues. First the applications don't fit the screen well. For example I tried the calc and got the window to save the current profile. I could not close or tap OK. They are off the right side of the screen. Is there any way to adjust this?

In order to select or close any of the applications, you need to use the hardware enter button (the one in the centre of the navigation circle).

Once you have got past this, you need to copy the Tomtom software files onto your SD card and then install them onto the device. Do not try loading them directly from the installation CD's.

Accordingly, you will need a largish SD card to allow you to be able to do this, but once installed you can delete the cab files on the SD card to save space.
Springer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I got TomTom running. I wish there was a way to put the files and registry patch on the SD card and Autorun a bat file that would reinstall the new menu.

I can plan not to turn off the main switch on the back but ........

Thanks again!
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back up is from the flash disk, in a directory not surprisingly called "Backup". I would not mess around here just in case. Just make sure that your battery is kept charged, and you should not need to reinstall the application.

Anyway, glad to be of help.
Springer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have one problem. I can't get the voices to load. I m not sure if they are going to the wrong folder or if it is something else. has anyone else had this happen?

It installs a data04.chk and a data04.vif file in the My Documents\TomTom folder.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: