Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 4400 & hp iPAQ h2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 4400 & hp iPAQ h2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nftang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 4400 & hp iPAQ h2210 Reply with quote

Just heard from Navman Europe that there will be an update of SmartST in about two weeks' time. Hope that this can address the iPAQ issues.

navigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman 4400 & hp iPAQ h2210 Reply with quote

Wondering whether anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Have recently purchased the Navman 4400 & hp iPAQ h2210 as a bundled package along with a 128mb Compact Flash card to store the downloaded maps.

Experiencing numerous freezes of the h2210, especially when negotiating traffic circles. Each time requiring a soft reset to continue.

Have tried many different routes to resolving the problem, including complete hard/full reset of the h2210 followed by reloads of the Navman software, changing the memory settings and disabling the infrared. To date all has been in vain.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

This is a known problem and I have reported this to Navman as we've been reviewing it. It appears to be the same issue as 5400 users have experienced with SmartST Pro. Navman NZ are working on a fix, whether it will fix both 5400 and 2210's I'm not sure. Hopefully it will.

The lockups happen intermittently, sometimes 3 in a 5 min window, sometimes none in 2 hours. It always locks up driving round roundabouts for me.
sfi1
Regular Visitor

I'm surprised things like this don't get picked up during final (road) testing before releasing the product.

Maybe they don't have roundabouts in NZ !!!!!!
nftang
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem with h2210 + Navman 4400 in turning more than half-circle in roundabouts. Also in reversing the car after some forward driving will crash it too. I suspect this to do with backward positioning mishandling in the software (Navman's claimed resolution is 5 metres). But then if this mainly happens with some new iPAQs (including the older 5400 with other Navman GPSes), I really start to puzzle how Navman's going to solve this judging by the fact that the 5400s have been out for some time now.

One other problem still, I need to soft-reset the 2210 merely because it has self turned off (and manually turned off too). When I uninstalled the whole SmartST, power-on can be done with the button straight away!

This is my first GPS purchase and I was really disappointed when there were so many lockups while in holiday in France early this week!

Navman, please work harder and give us a real fix or otherwise I will return this before my next trip, maybe in New Zealand (no offence!).

nftang
Occasional Visitor

With the SmartST on line, my h2210 has lost verything under the iPAQ file store after a battery drain after a few days on stand by mode. I have to re-install all my own software (including the SmartST!). This is very annoying and coupled with the fact that I can't use the normal power-on button whenever SmartST has been activated. I need to soft-reset each time.

Has any user of h2210 + Navman 4400 experienced this power problem in addition to the now famous roundabout-lockups?

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: