Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin StreetPilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin StreetPilot i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Map updates Reply with quote

Been to the Maplin site to download version 2.5 which doesn't lock up but there now only doing 2.6. Anyone know where i can download 2.5 from?
ghg55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Need Update 2.5 Reply with quote

I bought my I3 a few weeks ago and upgraded to 2.6 but its alot slower and I cant find 2.5 anywhere to install it, does anyone have it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks inadvance

ghg55
Rossall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owned a TT300 for about six months and now swaping ovr to a I3 basically for the size of the thing and the positive reports on here. Just one question on mapping if anyone can help as the various adverts around contradict each other.

Does the I3 include or not the major roads of Europe if purchased from Argos for £179.

Are cards available from garmin for the I3 for the other EU counties and how much.

Regards
Phil.

ex tomtom owner, almost.
Rossall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke to Maplin and they said that the CD is included for MRE BUT it does not include SPAIN !!!!!!! Confused whats the real deal anyone ?
fred12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Backuping the flash card to another Reply with quote

Brought a flash card to backup the my current card in case it gets corrupted does any one know how to do this because the copy one does not work when I put in to the I3
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Backuping the flash card to another Reply with quote

fred12 wrote:
Brought a flash card to backup the my current card in case it gets corrupted does any one know how to do this because the copy one does not work when I put in to the I3

cant be done due to copyright codes on the garmin card...its to stop you copying your maps and using it in another gps...
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Update 2.5 Reply with quote

ghg55 wrote:
I bought my I3 a few weeks ago and upgraded to 2.6 but its alot slower and I cant find 2.5 anywhere to install it, does anyone have it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks inadvance

ghg55

maplins did have it but now its the 2.60 version...i've got it on my pc but its nearly 3 mbs in size and i dont think your mailbox will take it..any ideas anyone?
BERT_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Update 2.5 Reply with quote

zogman wrote:

maplins did have it but now its the 2.60 version...i've got it on my pc but its nearly 3 mbs in size and i dont think your mailbox will take it..any ideas anyone?

I've never used either of these but the following 2 websites let you host a file for free. A download link is generated which can be posted on the forums here for all to access:

http://rapidshare.de/

http://yourfilehost.com/

Could be worth a try.
mbroma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re; need update Reply with quote

Here you try this link for version 2.5 . http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=StreetPiloti3_250.exe
mbroma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re :need update Reply with quote

or if the last one doesnt work try this one http://rapidshare.de/files/6571701/StreetPiloti3_250.exe.html
trueno86
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not read the full thread so may have been answered already Embarassed
but has anyone who has this have any info on how selecting what type of vehicle you're in affects the route ? i.e if set for a truck does it still take you a decent route or does it take you excessively long routes? or maybe it still takes you down dodgy roads ?
MattH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aegos back up to 199, comet do it for 179 if you wish to shop there Sad
BigR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on to MaFt's site and downloaded the speed camera download, don't know if you will read this MaFt but if i download your poi's as well will i lose the speed camera one i have just downloaded? I notice on your poi list when i downloaded onto pc, not yet onto i3 it has speed camera icons in there too. Does that mean that it has all the speed camera's included?
Great site by the way.
ghg55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: 2.5 download Reply with quote

Those 2.5 downloads worked a treat, thanks again.
BigR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.5 download Reply with quote

ghg55 wrote:
Those 2.5 downloads worked a treat, thanks again.

How do you transfer it to your i3?
i tried and it said complete but my i3 just said loaded and did nothing. which of the two did you use please.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 31 of 39

Jump to: