Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Multi drops on the Dell X5 using TomTom 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi drops on the Dell X5 using TomTom 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurgerKing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Multi drops on the Dell X5 using TomTom 5 Reply with quote

Lo there people :D

Basically I'm a courier and I have to sometimes do multi drops around the UK. What I would like to know is, can TomTom 5 have my address's type into the pda and then let it work out the quickest route to all of the drops i've got to do. Rather than using "planning ahead" or "itinerary". It's OK when I've got one drop to do. I just enter the address or post code and away I go. But I need to find out how multi drops will work out.

Cheers
Burgerking :P
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This function is not available in TomTom Navigator 5. It will route you in the order you enter the waypoints.

Autoroute can do what you want, and then you can use a converter to convert the route to a format you can import to TomTom. Which is fine if you know your drops the night before.....
BurgerKing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for your advice......... :P

cheers
Burgerking
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Multidrops Reply with quote

This can be done in tt5 by using contacts, I did this recently when house hunting and visiting 8 houses in different areas, I entered all address in Outlook contacts then synced with pda, after i visited each house then held stylus on next address in "contacts" to raise "navigate to" in menu and off you go, admittedly I used autoroute first to assess and print out route, but overall I found it quite easy to preplan this way
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Multidrops Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:
This can be done in tt5 by using contacts, I did this recently when house hunting and visiting 8 houses in different areas, I entered all address in Outlook contacts then synced with pda, after i visited each house then held stylus on next address in "contacts" to raise "navigate to" in menu and off you go, admittedly I used autoroute first to assess and print out route, but overall I found it quite easy to preplan this way

So how does that help you work out the quickest round trip? You still have to work out the best order to do them in.
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can find a "converter" from autoroute to TT5
Cheers
Mike
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thier is one built in Autoroute 2005, From what I remeber it is an option on Installation called pocket Streets, It shows in drop down menu called "Export maps for Pocket Streets", I have only used this once for street guide before using tomtom and it is limited on amount of data transferred (but it tells you when converting) and i would think main use for town streets guide, do not know if can be used with Gps, This info from memory, but hope it helps.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Multidrops Reply with quote

Masked-Marauder wrote:
aj2052 wrote:

So how does that help you work out the quickest round trip? You still have to work out the best order to do them in.

It doesnt, Autoroute does that for you, Its just A way round of making the best of a bad job, I found it quite simple and also maintains a record of address on main PC in Outlook.
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realistic wrote:
Anyone know where I can find a "converter" from autoroute to TT5
Cheers
Mike

http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poiconverter.html
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
Mike :D
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Multidrops Reply with quote

aj2052 wrote:

I find that trying to navigate to an address from the comtacts file is almost imposible. Have managed once or twice in all the times I've tried. If I put the full postal address in then either the City box and/or postcode box is empty and more often than not the address isn't found by Tomtom.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly having only tried it once, I think you may have to have complete entries including post code, but it worked fine for me, I must have been lucky, will have to have another another go sometime, but I must admit TT5 is not as robust as it should be, My first inkling came in the email address from tomtom i.e. "no_reply@tomtom.com" when registering an account.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: