Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom navigator 2 and hp ipaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom navigator 2 and hp ipaq 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: tom navigator 2 and hp ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

Hi

Is there anyone out there running tom toms navigator 2 on an ipaq 2210 with a globalsat bt 308 gps and maps stored on a cf card (or using a 2210 with any other combination)

Is it running ok? cause i was going to buy a 2210,then i heard theres problems with it hanging??

looked at a 3970 with sd card but seems to be just as many problems!!

stuck between rock and a hard place...

jas

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: tom navigator 2 and hp ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

What problems are you worried about with the 3970? Hardware wise, it's seems to have a reputation as one of the best Pocket PCs out there.

Software wise, there is the problem with the slow SD memory driver in the 2.10 ROM. Hopefully that will be fixed in the Pocket PC 2003 ROM, though, for now, the easiest answer to that is probably to take it out of the box and run the ROM "update" to 2.00.

There's two upgrades to the 2.00 ROM - the first is End User Update 3 (this upgrades the Pocket PC 2002 applications to the latest version - EUU3 is rolled into ROM 2.10, but not 2.00). You just then need the Infrared Fix (again, this is in 2.10 but not 2.00) and you basically have all the functions of the 2.10 ROM except SDIO support, but with normal speed SD memory access.

The ROM and other files are on HP's web site here.

Finally, you can pick up the latest version of Pocket Backup (which is free on a 3900 series iPAQ unless you want the "Plus" features, when it's US$10) here. This is needed with either ROM.

You can also fill in and send the coupon on the HP UK web site to get your 'free' upgrade to Pocket PC 2003. For now, you will have a Pocket PC 2002 machine then, when you decide the time is right to try the Pocket PC 2003 OS, you'll have it available to upgrade to. The details and 'coupon' are available here.

This should be all you need to get a 3970 based setup working perfectly.

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Jas, there are no hanging problems with TomTom Navigator 2 on the 2210. There are however problems hanging using older legacy software like Icbar, SmartST Pro. It really depends on how the software is coded.

I haven't had a single lockup with TomTom Navigator 2, and that's running on two iPAQ 2210's.
wallisj
Occasional Visitor

I'm running TTN2 on my 2210 for about 2 weeks now...never had a single problem with it.

I have all the software, voice and maps installed onto a PNY256Mb SD card.

Using a RoadAngel as GPS source

Jamie
Francois
Occasional Visitor

I run TTN2 on IPAQ 39 series. No problems except for the SD card issue mentioned by David earlier. Otherwise, it's a great PDA, feels solid too.

I have just ordered the pocket pc 2003 software, hopefully it will solve the SD card speed issue (can be nerve wracking how long it takes to extract data from the SD card).
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Have been running TTN v2.24 GPS v2.06 on 2210 with socket BT GPS for just over three weeks and it has been an absolute dream, though to be fair when it was on my 3850 it caused very few problems. The only issues I have had with it are really small ones such as why there is no icon in the start or programs directories? And when I make shortcuts to TTN in the programs directory they disappear after a while ? Stumped !!! But as I said nothing major.

Hope this of help,

B

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: