Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDAMODS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDAMODS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: PDAMODS Reply with quote

Would like to hear from anyone who had dealings recently with PDAMODS.com, or directly with elusive P K Ashar. Has anyone bought from PDAMODS a Dell Axim 5 / AA Navigator In-car Navigation System, and if so, what was their experience? Our experiece of hardware and software supplied by PDAMODS is not very good; we wasted many hours trying the get the in-car navigation to work, to no avail. However, we are very happy with the similar system (same AA software, MS operating system but iPAQ and Fortuna based) from AA Navigator / Teamwarrior website. Our emils and faxes to PDAMODS go astray, and the telephone conversations with various people, who give their first names only, do not inspire confidence in the company. Time to professional people is money, and we refuse to spend any more time testing/working out their bundle. They, in turn, refuse to take their goods (useless to us since we parted with money a month ago) back, and refund us £288 we have requested.
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they this week sent me wrong mount, it states clearly on my invoice the one i ordered but they sent me wrong one.

e mailed them[i dont think theye own a pc] phoned twice spoke to a gent who didnt have a clue .

he said that someone would phone me [dont think they have outgoing calls]

So i packed it up and sent it back ,they will have to sign for it to prove they have received it,i have given them a chance to send me correct mount or a refund[i am not petty and ask them for the few pounds it cost me to send it back

so lets hope [watch this space]
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo123 - we have emailed you with an RMA number and asked you to send the system back so we may test it for you. Until we have the system back we cannot test the system and let you know whether or not it has been installed correctly. You need to select com port 1 in teh AA software as per our instructions with the AA software.

westentertainer- please email us your order / RMA number and will check progress of the returned item, apologies if the wrong item was sent to you- we will refund your postage costs - email: cservice@pdamods.com
Dragonheart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: PDAMODS Reply with quote

PDAMODS ????...... STEER WELL CLEAR OF THEM !!!!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad
They Supplied me a TomTom 5 Navigator Kit for My Compaq Model 3830 on 3rd September 2005.
To Be Fair, their delivery service was excellent (Within 24Hrs of placing my online order.)
HOWEVER..... If you encounter ANY installation problems etc, my personal experience has been, your basically..... ON YOUR OWN!!!!
Their telephone contact Number transfers you to a CALL CENTRE IN INDIA !!!!
They do reply to Emails, but don't expect any usefull practical help!!
I have a long list of ONGOING correspondence with "Ian & Sam" from PDAMoods, (Who I can only describe now,as a pair of MUPPETTS )
I would be happy to Forward My correspondence with them to ANYONE thinking of buying from them.
DESPITE eventually... getting them to accept my numerous requests for a replacement missing speaker cable and an incorrect spcification GPS receiver.
If I ever resolve my complaint with PDAMods I will be VERY SUPRISED INDEED !!!!
IMPORTANT !!! IF YOU DO DECIDE TO BUY FROM THEM.
READ THEIR ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS VERY VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE EVER CONSIDERING PARTING WITH YOUR MONEY FOR ANYTHING !!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad

Jo123 wrote:
Would like to hear from anyone who had dealings recently with PDAMODS.com, or directly with elusive P K Ashar. Has anyone bought from PDAMODS a Dell Axim 5 / AA Navigator In-car Navigation System, and if so, what was their experience? Our experiece of hardware and software supplied by PDAMODS is not very good; we wasted many hours trying the get the in-car navigation to work, to no avail. However, we are very happy with the similar system (same AA software, MS operating system but iPAQ and Fortuna based) from AA Navigator / Teamwarrior website. Our emils and faxes to PDAMODS go astray, and the telephone conversations with various people, who give their first names only, do not inspire confidence in the company. Time to professional people is money, and we refuse to spend any more time testing/working out their bundle. They, in turn, refuse to take their goods (useless to us since we parted with money a month ago) back, and refund us £288 we have requested.
Crying or Very sad
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dargonheart,

You should have already received the replacement cable.

Thanks

PDAMODS support

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: