Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iway 100m for $225, good deal?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iway 100m for $225, good deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: iway 100m for $225, good deal? Reply with quote

just bought it at ebuyer.com, with 2yr extended warranty. dont really know how good either one is. but for the price thought i take a chance. any take or experiences with either? Question
jfisher1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought the Lowrance 100m, I also own the Navman 510. They are both very good Gps's for the money. The advanage with the Lowrance is the mapping software allows much more user interface for individual mapping needs.
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size card did you use? and how much map were you able to fit in? i'm thinking about a 1gb card so i can maximize it. i would like to try and fit the whole north america and canada if possible! i may need a 2gb. i have not received it yet. think it's mac compatible? i hate pc's!
kvandivo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you folk have had a chance to play with the 100m for a while... what do you think? Finding reviews on the thing is notoriously hard. I've been eying the ebuyer thing for weeks now (down to $180 + options) but I'd love to hear some reviews on the thing.
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: stay away from ebuyer.com! lowrance is no help either! Reply with quote

cant help you here! my unit arrived dead on arrival. lowrance wont help me because ebuyer is not a lowrance authorized dealer! ebuyer cant help me because they refrerred me back to the manufacturer (lowrance). so my advice to you! stay away from both. neither helped me. i'm stuck with a bogus unit from ebuyer.com and from lowrance poor customer service
kvandivo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: stay away from ebuyer.com! lowrance is no help either! Reply with quote

ipod wrote:
cant help you here! my unit arrived dead on arrival. lowrance wont help me because ebuyer is not a lowrance authorized dealer! ebuyer cant help me because they refrerred me back to the manufacturer (lowrance). so my advice to you! stay away from both. neither helped me. i'm stuck with a bogus unit from ebuyer.com and from lowrance poor customer service

"can't help me"? I'd say you helped me quite a bit.

Thanks,

Kirby
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad i could be of help! so my loss is not a total loss if somebody benefitted from bad experiences. guess that's why you dont hear much about lowrance, no support. stay with the big names. garmin was always a big help. i have a 2610. they were always there to provide phone and email support. and the unit was brand new in the box. and it WORKS!
CTHindi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ipod,

May be you have already done it. You could always work with your credit card company to dispute the issue.
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thanks, cthindi, my credit card company is dealing with them, it is under investigation.
kvandivo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipod wrote:
glad i could be of help! so my loss is not a total loss if somebody benefitted from bad experiences. guess that's why you dont hear much about lowrance, no support. stay with the big names. garmin was always a big help. i have a 2610. they were always there to provide phone and email support. and the unit was brand new in the box. and it WORKS!

The 2610 is the precise model that I've been looking at. But, when I noticed the lowrance for one third of the cost, it caught my attention.

I'd also like to see a successor for the 2610 (that I actually consider a successor). The 2610 has been out for a year or two now.. which is eons in technological time... And, the 2610 has been dropping in price recently, which makes me hopeful that a new one is on the horizon...

Anyway, I'll continue using my rino 130 until I decide that I can't live without routing.

Thanks again,

K
ipod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it at a better price than the person who got me interested in it. he paid $800. i paid $600. it's ok, i just wished i had a pocket version like the lowrance. guess i'll stick with garmins. and buy.com, not to be confused with scam ebuyer.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: