Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New SPECS M6 at M42/toll junction
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New SPECS M6 at M42/toll junction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: New SPECS M6 at M42/toll junction Reply with quote

Sorry if wrong place for post (or a repeat Crying or Very sad ) but thought I'd pass this on as soon as I arrived at work. Will try and send in updated data when I get home.

Seems to be a nice group of permanent SPECS cameras on the M6(J4ish) where the M42 and toll road join. Located both north and south bound. These must have gone up over the last few days as it's my regular journey 8O
tube
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You beat me to it. I can also confirm this but was driving to fast to record, try again tonight.

Also the Database shows Specs on the M42 J7 to J4 ish. But after several trips cannot see any cameras. Do we have advance inside information???
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tube wrote:
Also the Database shows Specs on the M42 J7 to J4 ish. But after several trips cannot see any cameras. Do we have advance inside information???

Looks like there will shortly be some kind of traffic speed control on this stretch. Camera signs and road markings are in place but, like you, I have not spotted any cameras yet.
RDA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This section of motorway is hosting the M42 Active Traffic Management Project and the Highways Agency have a full description of the project on their web site here.

Queue detection cameras and overhead gantries carrying variable speed limit signs have already been installed and are operational. These will soon be followed by the Highways Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System. This is similar to SPECS with one key difference - the camera faces the rear of passing vehicles and is therefore able to capture images of motorcycles as well as cars.

When queues buid up and are detected by the cameras, the speed limit signs will be activated and the hard shoulder can be opened as an additional traffic lane.

The Highways Agency insists that the enforcement cameras will only be active when variable speed limits are in force and that they will not be used to detect breaches of the 70mph speed limit. Laughing
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDA wrote:

The Highways Agency insists that the enforcement cameras will only be active when variable speed limits are in force and that they will not be used to detect breaches of the 70mph speed limit. Laughing

Only a matter of time - somebody somwhere is rubbing their hands at the amount of cash they can squeeze from this.

Chris
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the m6 south between jn 5 and 4a there are 3 anpr detectors not speed cameras to help the police catch the criminals not the good/law abiding people like us.. the same cameras are on the north bound between jn 4a and 5 .
thats unless there are new cameras appeared Wink also there are quite a few anpr cameras on the m42 jn 8 to j4 highway agency stuff....
rentech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are between M6 J4 and J3 both north and southbound. The twin yellow cameras with sensors either side, mounted on a blue support showing the inverted W symbol thingy :D . Pretty sure they that they are SPECS. Road works have now appeared here with a 40mph limit 8O . The current camera database includes some in this area although some are a bit out. I've sent some new locations in. These are pretty accurate as traffic has been crawling past them all week (am/pm) so plenty of time to put checkpoint to good use :D
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm sounds like roadworks will apear loads of delays for us and loads and loads of money for the police Confused Confused Confused Confused christmas is comming they need a party Laughing
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving up there yesterday.....Looking at the cameras they are SPECS..... Sad

40 Mph limit in place and it goes on forever Sad - takes ages to get through them.

I can see a lot of tickets getting issued down that stretch

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: