Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Patent application (from home page)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Patent application (from home page)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Patent application (from home page) Reply with quote

Lutz, interesting points - the link appears down so if its repaired please move this to wherever. It appears the patent is easy to get around as indicated below:

"The power adapter 28 also contains an internal transformer and changer 48 converting the typical 12V DC of the vehicle's battery power to 5V, 3A DC"

I would love to meet the designer/ manufacturer of a transformer that works on DC - its pushing the levels of science into the unknown - you can convert DC but NOT transform it. Therefore I would say no GPS car charger kit is in breach of this patent - as they don't use transformers.

Cheers Mike
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Patent application (from home page) Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Lutz, interesting points - the link appears down so if its repaired please move this to wherever. It appears the patent is easy to get around as indicated below:

"The power adapter 28 also contains an internal transformer and changer 48 converting the typical 12V DC of the vehicle's battery power to 5V, 3A DC"

I would love to meet the designer/ manufacturer of a transformer that works on DC - its pushing the levels of science into the unknown - you can convert DC but NOT transform it. Therefore I would say no GPS car charger kit is in breach of this patent - as they don't use transformers.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike - this sounds like a v interestin thread - I cant find it though - scoured the home page. please post link (for when it come up).

thanks
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Patent application (from home page) Reply with quote

Donald wrote:

scoured the home page.

Found glasses
found page
found piece
lost face Embarassed ....

Exit stage left, embarresed...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald, the point is to get the link repaired from the home page as it does nothing you just get
"The topic or post you requested does not exist"
when it is selected - Lutz can you repair it when online later?
But I still don't think that as a patent its worth a great deal as the terminology just won't work, and therefore no one would manufacture a dvice the conforms and therefore contraveanes the said patent.

Mike
7andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIUI, in the UK, you can only patent new technology. This appears to be an adaptation of existing technologies, and therefore not patentable here. It's the same problem one of the IT manufacturers had when trying to patent an 'all in one' scanner/printer/fax - it's just an adding together of known technologies, and so not patentable in the UK. But then again, it doesn't stop them putting 'Patent Applied For' all over their kit!

Otherwise I'll patent my method of connecting my guitar to my amp using a 'modular connecting system' (a replaceable cable) and 'adaptable connection devices' (quarter inch jacks) - should generate me a few pennies!

Cheers, 7&Y

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: