Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Australia
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denny1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Australia Reply with quote

Going to Australia to see my brother in 2 weeks time. Can l get a sd card or cd with map of Australia for my go classic either here or in Australia do you know please?
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a problem!

As far as I can see, Australian maps are not available in Europe.

TTGs - complete with Australian maps - are available in Australia - but I fear that you may not be able to buy just the map.

Actually, I wonder whether the software is different in the Australian versions - because they appear to use different map providers from the European version - which may need the map interface to be different? Hopefully this is not the case, but if it were, the Australian map wouldn't work in a European GO, anyway.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
denny1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that . Could anyone con firm if l could buy a map their and if it would work or not please.Thanks
Kula
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with forum user: "rkm_hm" in saying that it is unlikely you'll be able to purchase the maps of Australia on SD card when in Australia, and TomTom have no plans in selling them in the UK in the near future.

The Australian TomTom GO uses the same application software as the European and American TomTom GO.
CharlieK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just been through this with TomTom. Maps of Australia cannot be purchased in Europe at all. On their own, they cannot be purchased in Australia. They are only available as part of the Go package unfortunately. Had a confirmation responce from TomTom only last week that this is the situation for the forseable future.

I'm in the same boat mate. Going in December and wanted the SD loaded maps. Not a chance unfortunately.

Cheers

Charlie
denny1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Thanks Charlie,how strange that you cannot purchase a SD card when you are in Australia does not make the tomtom go very portabledoes it?So its NO GO with my go then.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that any Brit who doesn't already have a GO, and goes on holiday to Oz, can buy one there - and then get a UK map after returning home.

That's about the only way I can see to do it.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
2ddesign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Cost of TTG in OZ Reply with quote

Hi

Just come back from Australia, they retail at $1050.00 which is £436 pounds aprox. 8O

2ddesign
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cost of TTG in OZ Reply with quote

2ddesign wrote:

Just come back from Australia, they retail at $1050.00 which is £436 pounds aprox.

Which model is that - 300 or 500?

2ddesign
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: TTG 300 $1050 Reply with quote

Hi

It was $1050.00 for a TTG 300 its, $1,299.00 for a
TomTom GO 500 in Australia.
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

has some for sale

2ddesign :D
Kavg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Australian Map Reply with quote

Hi All,

Got a response from TomTom today and just thought I'd post this for anybody else that is looking for the Australia maps.

--Kav

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Australian maps for the TTGO 300, 500, and now for navigator version 5 are available here (our Australian maps do NOT work with Navigator version 4 or version 3):

http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=170&Product=73&Category=&Context=1&Language=1

You can also download this map to a larger SD card if you copy the contents of your original preloaded SD card also to the larger card (or use the TTGO 700 model; in which case you load the map to the TTGO 700 hard drive):

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/mds.php

(Note: You must have navigator 5 already installed to use the Australian version of the navigator map if you have a PDA)

The reason these maps are more expensive than other European maps is that the cost of these maps to us are more expensive from the map provider and we can not undercut the dealer costs in Australia for these maps to prevent black market imports.

We do not know if we will have New Zealand maps in the future or sell our products in New Zealand. We must first see how our initial market fares in Australia, so keep an eye on our website for the next few months.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
rugrat2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon there could be a rental opprtunity in australia for the ttg...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: