Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems getting TT 500 and mobile (Sharp GX30) to talk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems getting TT 500 and mobile (Sharp GX30) to talk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jasperjar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Problems getting TT 500 and mobile (Sharp GX30) to talk Reply with quote

Morning all !!!!

Just found this forum and top marks it gets to !

Can anyone help I have just got my TT 500 and want to pair it with my mobile (Sharp GX30) I can get both devices to see each other yet when i put the passcode in (0000) It says there are no bluetooth devices/features available??

Please someone tell me that it is possible, I am begining to suspect that Sharp have cheaped out on the bluetooth function and as I have still 9 months contract left on my mobile I cant really change handset. Question Question
helsam67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jasperjar

Just bought our TTG500 and am having the same problems with my wifes GX 30i. Hope you don't mind me tacking on my bit on as well. Have you got past the 0000 stage yet as my TTG500 is just closing down after I put the code in? Question

If anyone can help that's two people you'll be helping.

Steve
Jasperjar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helsam,

Search for devices on the GX30 under car kit and it finds your Tom tom you are asked for the passcode (0000 I believe but if anyone knows different then belive me i really need the help!!) input the code AND it says incorrect code ? .

Search on the Tom tom and it will find and recognise the GX30 but then says it has no bluetooth features????

Talk about frustrating :x
AndGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Same Here! Reply with quote

Hi people, I have the gx25 and the same thing happens for me the key is to play around with the "bluetooth Authencication"
on my phone you hit centre button>connectivity>bluetooth>bluetooth settings>authencication. have a little play around with that, it mostly works when authencication is turned on.

hope this helps

Anddgps Wink
Jasperjar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andgps,

Thanks for the help, all sounds good except the GX30 has no authencication Sad

baa wizers Evil or Very Mad

Any other ideas? anyone Question
AndGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Oh No! Reply with quote

guys I hope this is not true:

Originally taken from:http://www.zedge.no/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6042&n=about-sharpgx-30

My mate had one of these phones but took it back when he found out he could only use the bluetooth with a headset and nothing else. I think it was something to do with vodaphone but could be wrong. he changed it for a nokia 6600 in the end

Maybe true??
AndGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: also here Reply with quote

the bluetooth is only for audio ppl..... only to connect with bluetooth headset not other phones or the computer

GX30 has limited bluetooth. only GX30i has full functional bluetooth.

the only problem i have about it is about bluetooth! i tried to connect it with other sharp mobiles, my mobile finds them but it wont let me paire them Sad i wen to a mobile shop from where i bought it and it told me that it only connects to the pc (the bluetooth) so i bought a bluetooth but it still dont let me paire it!

(end quotes from website)

if this is really an issue just switch to a gx25, gr8 fone

http://www.sharp-phone.com/products/model.php?countryid=1&modelcountryid=15

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: